multiple Personalitys

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Izziebabystar, Nov 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Izziebabystar

Izziebabystar Well-Known Member

i was diagnosed oficaly today
    but i want to get rid of my other half
    any ideas how
  2. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

don't you have to cultivate them into a whole? rather than ridding a part?
  3. Izziebabystar

i dont know my dr/theripst person
    didnt tell me much
    and said wed go into it more another time
    but like yeh
    i dont know im all confused and worried and like yeh
  4. Oak

Oak Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

through therapy to let express the other half and the why of its existance you will come to term with it. the more you will fight it on your own the more it will come out and fight you. find yourself a good therapist who has experience in that field.

good luck hun
    granny xx
  5. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Oh hun. :hug: It's gonna shake you to hear thats your diagnosis of course. But you have to give it time, and work through getting rid of the other personality through therapy. There is no quick way, no easy way, it won't go away overnight. It's a long process but your therapist will help you do it. It'll be ok hun. I'm here for you, we all are :hug:
  6. Izziebabystar

well weve already established somethings
    shes called scarlet and shes 24
    she hates being outside the house and has trouble socelising
  7. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

See you're getting somewhere already. Finding out about the other personality is the first step in repressing that side of you. :hug: You'll get through this.
  8. Izziebabystar

im just scared of what will happen
    what if i lose people beacuse of it
    i dont know
    people think im weird enough as it is without this
  9. Avalanche

Avalanche Member

It is scary to be diagnosed but in time you might find it to be a relief to be able to understand what is happening. I am not sure that you can get rid of other parts, however I do know that, with time and a good therapist, you can learn to communicate more effectively and feel more in control of what is going on.

Please just take some time to adjust to being told this. Being diagnosed with anything does not change who you are or what you are experiencing, it only allows others to be able to help you more effectively.

It is alright to be confused and worried. It is a big thing to take in. I guess for me, it was scary but also explained a lot of things that I could not understand. With time, I hope that you can work with someone who will make things a lot better for you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.