Mum emailed me :s

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by JBird, Mar 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBird

JBird Well-Known Member

Mums hated me since the minute i was born, literally. She was forced to see a therapist by the courts when she pulled a really twisted stunt a while ago, i haven't heard from mum since, until tonight. This is the email, i edited out the names.

Firstly, my mum has never called me baby :huh: she's never been able to sort through something maturely and she would never come to any agreements with S and M. I don't know, is this a genuine email or is she trying to screw with me some more?
    My parents have finally given me up for good. They've signed me over to S and M and i'll be living with them until i'm old enough to leave, that on its own says mums finally getting her head sorted but i still have something holding me back. I dont know, i'm so confused!
  2. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Wow..To be honest, I can't tell if she's being serious or not..:hug:
  3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

It does sound more noble than her past behavior, but that does not make up for all the heartache you were put through...if I may suggest, remember these are her problems;any person who gives up a child must have issues (I would give my right limbs for a child), so know it is not that you have done anything wrong, or that you are is that you were born into a pair of ppl who are either disordered or sorry you were dealt this hand, but know, many truly wise and gifted ppl came from a place like this...big hugs, J
  4. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

J as nice and generous as her words sound, please be cautious with that email. Maybe try to check into a few of the things she is saying on your won adn confirm them. I just dont want to see you hurt again by this woman.
  5. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Beak am really uneasy about this :unsure:
    You have to do what feel right for you.
    Your foster parents want you and have been good to you and for you.
    This email, I dunno it just don't sit right. :hug:
  6. JBird

JBird Well-Known Member

i dont really know how to check out what she's said. if im honest with myself, thats a goodbye email. who says 'i wish you all the best' if they're going to see you in 4/5 months or something? what if i never see her again?
  7. titanic

titanic Well-Known Member

I can empahise with you - I'm not surprised you are confusion right now. How do you feel about it all?
    My mum let me down time and time again.
  8. JBird

JBird Well-Known Member

I dont know how i feel about it. numb to it all to be honest.
  9. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

hey Beak,

I don't know much about your situation, but from what I do know, this seems a bit of an odd email coming from her. I think if I were you, I'd try not to think about where it came from and if she really means it. As said your foster parents want the best for you; they care for you and have been good to you. I think I would just let things go the way they are going.

If you wanna talk, You've got my email addy :hug:
  10. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

You are currently in a place that is safe and you can be happy. You are cared for. Your mom may be reaching out to you, but based on the past., i am not sure she can be trusted. It would take more than an e-mail for me to trust her and begin to let her past wrongs be forgiven. If given the choice, stay where you are loved and wanted. :hug:
  11. titanic

titanic Well-Known Member

I would put it on the shelf for the time being. It may be that your mum was being genuine at the time she wrote the letter, but that does not mean overall she has changed. Is it possible that she has written this to you as a result of seeing her therapist?
    Is is saying more about her need to express herself (guilt), rather than for your needs?

Because there are so many unknowns, it may be best to put the email to one side and see what happens.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.