mum just found here

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by wheresmysheep, Jan 4, 2009.

1. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

I went upstairs and left the laptop down, as she normally leaves it alone, i came back down and she had the laptop and she turns to me and says; whats suicide forum?'

:dry:

we have to 'talk' now and she asks if i am suicidal, and its just like, well wtf you walked in on me twice, have you just been pretending nothing happened??

ffs its all shite.

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

:hug: Emma, I'm sorry.

Hopefully she will be able to understand you better now and might take your pain more seriously.

As always, I'm here if you need me :hug:

3. wheresmysheep

i would like, and, hope for it. but knowing her, she'll say i'm blowing things out of preportions and i have nothing to worry about and i'm just imagining everything etcv etc etc etc etc etc :sad:

4. Petal

:sad: When you talk to her..try to explain a little that it's depression and you can't control that. Does she know your on meds? :hug:

5. Rockster

Rockster Guest

:hug: Emma, if it gets bad you know the other ways you have of contacting most of us... MSN/AIM/YIM/Skype/Phone etc and you know we will be here for you no matter what.
    As Lynn said i hope she is able to finally understand/accept it

6. wheresmysheep

yeah she does lynn, but i'm having to lie cause she told me to stop taking them. so she thinks i dont need them as she says i look better since i stopped taking them.

7. Petal

Emma..even though she has asked you to stop. It's best to be honest with her. She will probably go off on one..but she'll probably get over it soon.Its best to have everything in the open to get the help you need. :hug:

8. wheresmysheep

they're ta;lin about my bro now. and guess what!!

she's saying my brothers just lazy cause he doesnt spell properly..

see a pattern.

9. Petal

Ugh! Mothers..who needs them:unsure:

That's unfair on him :( Perhaps get the doctor that prescribed the meds to have a word with her?

10. wheresmysheep

yeah i know.

i dont have a clue what to do.

had enough of it tbh. i really do

and we're going for indian tonight now and i can imagine her snapping again. cause she's been drinking again, like the other night when they went to the chinese. i really dont want to go.

she's arguing left right and centre

11. soliloquise

soliloquise Well-Known Member

you could use it as an opportunity to be honest and assertive but i know some mothers just don't listen :blink:
    i don't know why she is minimising your pain, maybe she cannot face it herself and it scares her. either way try to get her to hear you and if she doesn't you always have us regardless .. hope it goes ok xx

12. Speck

Speck Well-Known Member

Parents often do the 'Pull yourself together' 'There's nothing wrong with you' denial thing, partly sometimes because of their own downfalls i guess...
    Trying to change the way they react is about as easy as sticking your head in a crocodile and not getting bitten but you have the peeps here who when mum isnt looking are here to help :smile:

13. rootedphoenix

rootedphoenix Well-Known Member

:hug: Some of my family does the same thing. I do not get their reasoning at all.