Music and movies

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Hurted, Jan 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

Are the only thing that makes me feel anything...
  2. Epical Taylz

Epical Taylz Well-Known Member

:hug: i feel the same
    except for the movies
    i never watched them
    to begin with.
  3. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

Music definitely does, I could listen to my ipod for hours on end. I don't really have the attention span for a whole film but some adverts can have a big impact on me!
  4. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

Yes... music is the greatest thing on planet...
  5. Epical Taylz

Epical Taylz Well-Known Member

without music, wed be nothing
    wed have no origionality
    there would be no sounds

listening to your keyboard while you type, thats music..
  6. MeAndYou

MeAndYou Well-Known Member

I think music is a great way to enhance our emotions we are currently feeling, and movies are a great way to just escape. Unfortunately I dont think either are healthy in mass amounts.

Movies tell wonderful stories but often times i think people start living their own lives through the them. They are also not very realistic and tend to romanticize...well..everything. Very rarely do you have a movie that can deliver an emotion of "I dont ever want to experience that." And how hollywood depicts how people should act/look i honestly dont believe is good for anyone but everyone reacts differently i guess...

Music is a great way to enhance emotions we are feeilng and even evoke ones we currently are not feeling but again people tend to live their lives through the lyrics or band members.

Its gotten to the point where "rock-stars" and "movie stars" are idolized and basically looked at as gods. Hannah Montana is a good example. People are made into a "perfect person" with a "perfect life" just to sell a product and it ends up stripping people of their own identities at an incredibly young age. "Mom i want that Hannah Montana back pack or Im not cool."

So maybe taking a break from movies/music and maybe creating your own music, or even reading a book would lift your mood a bit and help you experience outside of a movie or song. Just my .02
  7. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I only watch a couple of shows regularly, Music is relaxing, I'll turn on the stereo,pull the blinds, and lay down with my dog and we both lay there for hours listening to different kinds of music. The only kind I don't like is elevator music and rap. I guess I am to old to appreciate that one.
  8. Sammakko...

Sammakko... Guest

Those has become exist my life too. There is no anything else than movies which I have seen hundred times before... PitifULL :evil: But living in movie-life I have got Antonio Banderas ponytail ahahaha!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.