Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by Ljt, Feb 3, 2015.

1. Ljt

Ljt Well-Known Member

Has anyone else say and listened to music when they are anxious and suicidle. I did last night and it seemed to relax me a little bit and take my mind off things.
  2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Yeah, it seems that music always calms me down when I am upset or in a bad mood. That's why I seem to be listening to it a lot, it is one thing that I still enjoy that is able to distract me from how I am feeling.
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Music helps me a lot. When I feel down,sad,anxious,upset music always makes me feel better :) Eliie Goulding's voice is comforting and she has many soothing songs.
  4. AAA3330

AAA3330 Well-Known Member

It's strange but music doesn't have much of an effect on me anymore. I used to listen to music all of the time but since something changed in my brain, I rarely ever listen to it and never turn on the radio in the car. I wish that I could enjoy it like I used to. I still enjoy watching tv though. It kind of takes my mind off of my problems for a while.
  5. W Miller

W Miller Well-Known Member

Music brings me both joy and regret.

I'm a failed musician, so that should explain partly why it brings me more regret, but, yeah, music can lift my spirit still more often than not.

There are certain types of music I have no business listening to now; trance for example. Trance = Drugs (no good, but still listen to it)
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2015
  6. Nitrosum

Nitrosum Member

Music has played a huge role in helping me stay positive. It helps by taking the focus off what's going on around me.
  7. Ljt

Ljt Well-Known Member

I sit and listen to music for hours when I finish work. Can listen to it all night
  8. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

I love listening to music. If I can't sleep, I leave it playing very softly in the background. Sometimes I wake up in the morning and am surprised to hear it playing. :D
  9. Ljt

Ljt Well-Known Member

Do any of you know any easy listening music.