1. sorry_mozart

sorry_mozart Well-Known Member

Oh my god. I think - whisper it - I've regained the capacity to take pleasure in things! Today I enjoyed playing my violin for the first time since round about November.

Depression strips away my ability to do anything - first to go are the things I ought to do, then it takes the things I love. Always music, my greatest joy, which comforts me in all but the darkest times, is the last to go. When I lose the ability to take pleasure in music, when even the most beautiful pieces played by the greatest musicians sound like fingernails on a blackboard to me, that's when I feel as though I might as well be dead.

But now it's come back! I've been playing for hours and it feels great (though my neighbours might not agree :laugh:). It feels like I'm coming back to life, after being frozen for so long. I think this is the beginning of the end of my depression. Here's hoping - I'd forgotten what it was like to smile, and now I'm grinning from ear to ear!

2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

ooooh GLAD GLAD GLAD!!!!

Ok you've inspired me to approach me piano and see if I can lose meself in it like I used to.

3. sorry_mozart

sorry_mozart Well-Known Member

It must be a big piano if you can get lost in it! :tongue:

:dry: (Sorry)

Have fun, and make a *lot* of noise!

4. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

:laugh:

5. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

Violin!!!! Ooh, I grew up with that, my dad played it. I love live music. My eldest daughter played recorder, flute, piano, and especially, bassoon. Music is IT!!! If God ever has to take one of my senses I hope it's not my hearing. Couldn't do without music! (just went to hear our local symphone do Beethoven's Pastorale! Lovely lovely!:smile: :smile:)

least