music

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Navi, Jun 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Navi

Navi New Member

ok so im feeling depresed and sad and wana cut,

music makes me happy but i ran out of good "happy music

plese list some song titles and the artest u think would be good

ne thing classical, non-voice, pop ne thing.....

i need it bad

i dont wana cut

2. GaiaMischief

GaiaMischief Well-Known Member

It depends what you enjoy to be honest.

Angels & Airwaves has alot of positive songs. Rite of Spring, Call to Arms, The Adventure, Heaven, and Valkyrie Missile are some of the highlights that lighten my mood alot.

As for classical, Air on a G String by Bach is a very soothing tune. Serenade for Winds by Mozart is also great.

Bowling for Soup is a funny, very uplifting band that mostly makes joke songs.

Again I have a bit of a pop punk bias so it may not be the genre you're into.

Either way, please try to ignore the urge. There are other ways to express your emotions...crying...yelling...punching a pillow even. They're all very natural ways of performing catharsis and releasing your negative feelings. And of course we're all here for you if you want to let us know what's making you feel this way :)

3. innocencexisxlove

innocencexisxlove Well-Known Member

lucky twice-lucky
    natasha bedingfield-pocket full of sunshine

4. iceeblusmurf

iceeblusmurf Senior Member

i just wanna say..........this was MY idea, i gave it to him! lol!

What can i say its what helps me, i make a playlist of music that makes me feel good and when i'm down i listen to it really loud and tune everything out! everyone should try it.

Ivan :hug:

5. stevtomato

stevtomato Member

You don't want me to recommend you songs, I when I'm sad I listen to sad music.

But, since I'm feeling sad, I'll recommend you happy music. Mozart's Symphony No.41 "Jupiter", Beethoven's Symphony No.8, Mozart's comic operas, they are really funny, try this Papageno duet from the magic flute.

Other than that, I don't know other songs... yes, I'm a classical music nerd...

6. TheWr0ngChild

TheWr0ngChild Well-Known Member

When I'm down I tend to go for music I can associate with, not thats particularly "happy" as such.

I often listen to R.E.M, I prefer the albums Automatic for the people, Monster and Around the sun when I feel down. Most people think REM are depressing but I don't want to listen to something thats about love or how great life is blah blah blah. I want to hear the truth in a song, that tends to help me more.

Or if I just wanna switch off and not think I'll go for some really loud, heavy metal stuff. It all depends why I'm down really.

7. amicrazy

amicrazy Well-Known Member

makes me happy by drake bell. the song really does make me happy - hope it does the same for u :) :hug:

8. peach333

peach333 Member

Coldplay

9. special_needs

special_needs Well-Known Member

the ting tings

10. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I don't know what kind of music you like but I recommend:
    1) Puddle of Mudd-She hates me
    2) Saliva-Back into your system the whole cd.
    3) Nirvana
    4) Nickleback
    Those are my favorites wright now, there are others like soundgarden. I agree music helps me to calm down.:chopper:.

11. Lady Byron

Lady Byron Well-Known Member

Marriage of Figaro by Mozart :laugh:. Love that song!
    Or, how about the. . . umm. sorry forgot. Anything Mozart is good. Beethoven too!!!

12. Anam_Cara

Anam_Cara Well-Known Member

for me U2 always brings me up, Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata is absolutely beautiful and relaxing, The Moody Blues (always upbeat and makes me feel good), Savage Garden just a few suggestions...

13. Aissela

Aissela Well-Known Member

Superchick makes some uplifting songs... I like to listen to "Stand In The Rain", "We Live", or "It's On" for some motivation; works to change my mood back around sometimes- i hope it helps :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.