Musings, ideas, what are you thinking about?

Hear me out, it’s a thought that’s been in my head since 5am.
You know when people can only say nice things about the deceased person even though we know it’s either an exaggeration or a lie?
and it makes me question myself, are we talking about the same person here?

like my older brother when talking about our late maternal grandmother, he says how kind she is, how much help she has given.

and i’m like, to who, to you? because that’s not what i remember, when she was alive you told her how annoying and how much a burden she is and that you would physically harm her, and now that she’s dead, she’s all of the sudden “nice” to you? You stopped communicating with her for years, and now you’re saying you two were close? In what dimension, certainly not this world.

this is just like the same line “she lights up the room with her smile” bullshit, why are you lying? WHY?
We all know the truth.
We know you two were never in good terms, and hated each other…
Is it for you to look good, to cleanse your conscience? because that aint happening. That’s not gonna save your soul.

Fake it till you make it does not apply here.

Last edited:
we see a planet millions of light years away from us and we see no life form but then what we see is the past.

The same way if there are aliens right now and they would see earth from millions of light years away from their home planet, they wouldn’t see us, they would see dinosaurs, heck they might even witness the chicxulub asteroid approaching earth.

so maybe there are life forms out there, it’s just that we are both seeing our past, so we are both not existing yet to each other, so close yet so far away, time is screwed in outer space

someone asked (jokingly) “have you seen the iphone 16?”
and i said “we’re at 16 now?! i thought 14 was the latest one”

and that made me wonder, are we really going to live in a world where there would be such a thing as Iphone 20, Iphone 98, Iphone 2457…

how long are we going to keep this going?

Ziggy

Antiquitie's Friend
I wonder if love exists. People say God loves me or my dog loves me, and I get that you can argue over the meaning of words (the ancient Greeks had multiple words for 'love') Also I know women love their babies and people love each other due to chemical activity in the brain, but when my parents are still together I wonder if that's love or a sense of duty, or a fear of having to start over. I wish I could ask them!

Ziggy

Antiquitie's Friend
I play the piano but would never let a friend hear me play. He used to draw works of art but would never let me see them. We both thought we were rubbish, but we were both idiots instead.

Raven

Would-Rather-Not-Known Member
SF Supporter
just saw a song called Hope is a Mental Illness by Xathrites
lol, it's depressing song I know
but in my opinion Hope is a Psych Ward

you know someone’s a good actor/actress when you barely recognize them in another show/movie and they don’t even have to get any drastic change to their looks. They disappear in to their roles.

you also know it’s cold when your cats refuse to sleep in the bathroom sink like they usually do and now they’re fighting who gets to sleep next to you for warmth.

Inanimate

As a child, telling the truth to authority figures and being called a liar for it was nothing short of exasperating. Ironically, it wasn’t the truth that those people wanted, but rather the validation that comes from goading children into reacting to what they have to say.

I need to be focused on finding something on the outside to do with some of my empty time and that involves being of help or service to others. This morning I ended up being able to do something nice for some people, it put a smile on my face and in my heart. Now if I can just find a way to make that a more common, actually consistent occurrence I think it would positively alter the perceptions I seem to mostly mentally exist in these days. It's been a challenge to find a place to volunteer. I have a decent old resume with years of good reference letters but it's been about 4 years since I've worked and with being older, it creates a tendency to be passed over even though I'm physically fit. Makes me tired just thinking about the rejection probabilities.
This post and others of mine are internally focused but this thread is where I share my "diary thoughts". I hope that's alright. Please let me know if it's not if someone has a desire to do so.

Last edited:
I play the piano but would never let a friend hear me play. He used to draw works of art but would never let me see them. We both thought we were rubbish, but we were both idiots instead.
I quit letting people hear me several years ago. I agree, it's kinda silly. I'm a keyboard player, starting playing the organ at a very young age. Now just the harmonium. It sounds like you might still play.....

Ziggy

Antiquitie's Friend
starting playing the organ at a very young age. Now just the harmonium. It sounds like you might still play.....
Yup still cracking on with the piano. It's good to hear you play the harmonium, must be nice to play an instrument that isn't all that common. I'd love to play something like this... finding a teacher could be a problem though.

wurlitzer.jpg

Yup still cracking on with the piano. It's good to hear you play the harmonium, must be nice to play an instrument that isn't all that common. I'd love to play something like this... finding a teacher could be a problem though.

View attachment 59583
That's a beauty. I was given lots of opportunity in college to use their pipe organ. That was an experience. Playing Bach channelled through pipes:). I majored in music prior to changing programs. I took up the harmonium in my 20's when I started exploring Sikh and Hindu chant and spiritual music.
Just a thought here.... one of my music professors taught privately and so I hired him and we were able to continue with frequent lessons on the pipe....do you have a university nearby with a large music program and maybe having an organ? I don't know if University teachers still teach on the side these days, this was years ago.

Last edited:

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$210.00
Goal
$255.00