Muslim hypocrisy?

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by shades, Sep 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shades

shades Staff Alumni

This article has to do with the impending stoning of a woman for the incredibly heinous (sarcasm intended) crime of adultery. The sentence was put on hold so that the masses could prey during the "holy" month? of ramadan.

Could someone with knowledge on the religion please explain how the powers that be can pray for several weeks to a supposedly "just" god and then stone a woman to death? Not to mention the fact that she received 99 lashes due to a mistake in which the same "powers that be" ordered that punishment because they thought they saw a picture of her face in a newspaper, which was later proven to have been a mistake!

2. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Well-Known Member

Not many people know this, but it's actually expressly forbidden to have a non-muslim enter Mecca. The highway signs actually say "Non-muslims must use the exit" before it gets to Mecca.

Anyways people believe silly things, either in books of antiquity, new-age crap made up last week or on the far smaller scale of personal delusions. I got used to it.
  3. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

A religion exhibiting hypocrisy?

I fail to see what's new or noteworthy here.
  4. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Agreed... just that the stoning was postponed so that they could pray and feast (from what I understand of ramadan-which isn't much)
  5. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

All people are hypocritical and I find it hypocritical of people to accuse religions (or any other people) of it...

And then there's my judgment on the matter...
  6. shades

shades Staff Alumni

So then are you also saying that nobody can accuse anybody, any government, any individual, ever...for any reason at all for hypocrisy because in your opinion everyone is a hypocrite?

If so, it's complete b.s. AND it has nothing to do with my thread!

And finally, if what you say is true (and that is up for debate), then what are you doing criticizing me or anybody else, as you too would be considered a hypocrite and therefore render your own opinion as meaningless.

If you want to start a thread on hypocrisy....go ahead and start one and leave this thread on topic...thank you! And in YOUR OWN THREAD ON HYPOCRISY please list examples of where, in your opinion, I was hypocritical, keeping in mind that it still will have nothing to do with this thread!
  7. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

this disgusts me.....always has...sexism at it's best
    what about the men she had the 'affair' with
    no mention of them getting punished..

8. Issaccs

Issaccs Well-Known Member

The most shocking thing about this is that the Pope wishes to speak against the stoning.
    Considering the demographic involved I think only the reverse psychology of telling them to stone her faster would have any positive outcome.

But this kind of stuff is why I dont feel any kind of anger when news reports come through a week later that American airstrikes are killing civilians.
  9. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

Look at the track record. Under Islam, men can do no wrong. Its really quite neat the way they have it set up...from a blokes perspective. Thats a huge generalization of course, and since my opinion is informed by nothing other than western media, ill shut up now.
  10. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

11. shades

shades Staff Alumni

That was tremedous...

I love it when simple logic and facts are proposed to religious zealots and when they cannot answer, they walk away!

The ending was especially entertaining when they were told that the "Flying Spaghetti Monster" would have them burned in a lake of pasta! :hysterical:

This is a must see in my opinion. Kudo's to you, or whoever it was, that filmed that! I forget who refers to the "Flying Spaghetti Monster" as their deity on this site, but I always find it humorous and enlightening!
  12. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

Oh I didn't film that, just found it on youtube. It's defiantly awsome :) You're right about the walking away part. The questions weren't even that big he was throwing at them either. They just don't know their own stuff.

Follow god's will blindly eh.. scary stuff.
  13. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

Thankfully, acts like that aren't ubiquitous throughout the Muslim world. If you think about it, barbaric events like these are always occurring in the same usual suspects: Saudi Arabia, Iran, and Afghanistan (with Malaysia coming close).

All these nations represent the most extreme interpretations of Islams, and in the case of Afghanistan, reflect cultural traditions rather than merely religious doctrine.
  14. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

Yeah without a doubt this cannot be a stamp on the Muslim faith, but a stamp on the masses and people in power in these areas. If a mass has power, the ones who oppose it would be very cautious about opposeing it. If they will kill someone for adultery, what would they do about people who oppose a "way/interpretation" of their religion, especially when the government and mass say it is "the" way.

Can't blame a whole community because of 10 nut jobs.
  15. feathers

feathers Well-Known Member

Just watched on the news today, the controversy about the planned burning of the Koran. It then showed muslims outraging and protesting against this by burning the American flag.

Personally I hope they burn it just for that reason.
  16. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Well-Known Member

"If you want a symbolic action don't burn the flag, wash it." ~Norman Thomas
  17. Crue-K

Crue-K Well-Known Member

I don't know what is more laughable, the racist pastor with very few flock or the mass hysteria surrounding his upcoming stunt. Why does anyone care? The Quran is just like any other book of religious lies and as such should be destroyed. "Oh no, it will cost American lives" I hear some retards say, grow up people. If you want to mark sept 11th, do so by remembering the dead and not the religious zealots and their publicity stunts.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.