My 2 budgies died.

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by Petal, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Within the past week :sad: I miss them. I tried my best to keep them alive, I failed like I do with everything else in life.

2. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

Awww Lynne I'm so sorry :( :hug: xx

3. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

:hug:

I'm sorry Lynn. I had 2 prairie dogs that died within 3 days of each other and I still feel terrible about it, so I know how you feel. The important thing is that you took the best care of them that you could and loved them.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2009
  4. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

I'm so sorry for your loss Lynn. :hug:

5. daredhead

daredhead Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry about your budgies. Losing pets is so hard, sometimes the idea of losing them makes me not want to have them. All that matters is that you tried your best to take care of them when they were alive.

6. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:hug: I am sure you did the best you could by your birds hun. It is not uncommon for them to go close together like that. How old were they?

7. Petal

Thanks everyone :hug:

I don't actually know how old they were,but I got them at Christmas :hug:

8. Puppy

Puppy Well-Known Member

I'm really sorry to hear about your budgies :hug:

My sister and I have had budgies before (the first time my sister got one, and then the second time we had one each). It was sooooo upsetting when they died, and I still get upset when I think about them.
    But you did your best for them, so don't blame yourself. And don't let it put you off getting more budgies in the future :hug:

9. SpencerA

SpencerA Well-Known Member

you're not a failure beby. these things happen, and if one died before the other then though its horrible for you, its a good thing the one that died last isn't left being lonely. i used to have 2 rabbits, and 1 of them died at quite a young age, and the other one was really miserable and lonely for the next few years. love you xxxx

10. BlueWind

BlueWind Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about your loss:sad:
    You're not alone with your sadness as you can see >>>>>
    We can only try our best...bestest does not exist
    tc (hugs)

11. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

aawww huni :hug: i'm sorry they died. just so you know its probably nothing you did, budgies caqn me very delicate things at times. :wub: you it'll be ok

12. Jooper62

Jooper62 Well-Known Member

I am sorry about your budgies..thats why i don't have pets anymore extremely painful..:sad:

13. Petal

Thanks everyone :arms:

14. sudut

sudut Well-Known Member

Sweetheart, first of all, you had about the same chances in stopping the winter in Canada this year as you had in doing your best to keep your friends alive.

second, I have read enough of your posts you write to encourage people in this forum for you to lie to me that you 'have failed in everything in life'.