My adult daughter is suicidal

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by thereishope, Jan 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thereishope

thereishope New Member

My daughter is suicidal and I do not know how to help her. I am looking for resources and advice on how to help.

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there,

Perhaps she would be open to the idea of joining this site?
    I think you should look for resources close to home, such as doctors, psychiatrists ,psychologists or other therapies but you should first go your main doctor.
    Make sure she knows you are there for her in every way and that you are willing to listen to her without judging her.

I hope the best for you and her!

3. thereishope

thereishope New Member

She has cut off communications with me. It is a long story and I would be glad to go through it but her talking to me is probably not going to happen.She does however talk to my 16 year old son . I was thinking of messaging her through his FB but do not want to do more harm then good? As far as getting her into therapy or going to see a Dr her best friend is working on that. She knows (or should) there is no judgment from me...Actually that is not true. She is "terrified" of me.

4. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

I am sorry for what sounds like a really difficult situation. If you feel like explaining more about your relationship breakdown then please do - we are here to listen. As to the idea of messaging your daughter from your son's Facebook - I would strongly recommend against that. It would damage what trust there is between all parties. All you can do is let her know the best way you can that you are there for her if and when she decides that she wants your support.

Keep talking to us - it is emotionally exhausting and very draining when someone you love is depressed and wants to die - you need support too.

5. thereishope

thereishope New Member

SHe has been going through a very hard a separation after a 12 yr marriage for 2 years now. They have 2 children. Last summer it got really bad for her.She has had a full blown nervous breakdown. She took the kids in Sept to another state and met up with new (like just now new) "boyfriend" without dads knowledge. DSS got involved and she brought the kids here. Was planning on moving to Oregon from SC with new BF following suit. She could not handle the kids while she was here. I got in touch with the childrens dad and expressed my concerns. He knew of her instability already of course. He agreed to give me temp custody,he could have just come and got his children) if she would till she got herself straightened out and they work through the custody issues. She refused and I let him take the children. Of course there have been issues for a while now but that is todays issue. I had to do it for the children...

OK My son who is 16 knows most of what is happening. He messaged her last week and went off on her. I did not know he was going to mess her. I need to figure out how to guide him? Or just let him do as he feels? These are the kind of questions I need to address...

btw I knew messaging her that way would be a bad idea... just grasping here..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.