My anger is keeping me here

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by MaNg0s, Apr 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaNg0s

MaNg0s Well-Known Member

Well I have been depressed since I was around 14. Ever since then everything in my life has been like one big blur of fuck ups. Before I used to get soo depressed to the point where I would just sit in my room and stare at my desk for hours at a time without doing anything.

But now I have turned this hurting into anger. For me it helps I am still depressed yeah sure but I cope with it better when I am angry I can actually do things when I am angry. Today I had one of the best work outs I have ever had the whole way through I was angry at everything my ex, myself and my friends and family pretty much angry at everyone. It is helping me cope if it wasn't for this anger I feel I would probably be dead.

Does anyone else cope with their depression through anger ?? Is it normal to feel this way.

2. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

If it helps then it's cool. As long as it's controlled anger, nothing explosive.
    Anger for me, has never helped me in terms of doing things better in most cases.

3. undermined

undermined New Member

You can go only so far with anger before the chemicals start to give, and you lose your way. Its sort of labyrinthine like, you pass through so many dead ends, which is fine because you usually find your way; but when certain devices are maintained through such things like fear of going to far, you set yourself in boarders that keep you from exploring new angels of expression.
    Its only a matter of time before no one identifies with how you deal with constant intensity, and you wind up going through the motions alone, until you can no longer identify with your fellow man. Once behind such an labyrinthine wall of personality, you start seeing others as hostile to your methods, they start getting vibes, and before you know it no one can tolerate you.
    I myself like my darker impulses, but you come to a point where, yes you can travel to boundless worlds, but no one will follow you.

That is the bitch with anger.

4. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

it is good to release some of your anger through workouts because it is good for your health both ways.

i used to be an angry kid but nowadays i try to avoid being angry and be more optimistic about things

but yes i agree anger was my best friend when i was alone and feeling like shit, it made me feel real

i think anger is just the side of us where justice wants to be served but it can be dangerous at times because it clouds our common logic and reasoning with feelings and emotions.

fuck unnecessary emotions if you want to live

5. April

April Member

I usedto be very angery, nowim just sad all the time. Occasionaly i feel like raging but also too lathargic to do anything about it. . .lol ironic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.