my ass hole brother

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by angelheart, Nov 13, 2012.

1. angelheart

angelheart Active Member

anyone know why a 22year old doesn't know the difference between joking around and crossing the line?
    twice now he has made a joke/comment saying that I wouldn't notice or care if my 3 week old baby died. I gave up my first love for this baby and I would do anything for her. he would stick a bottle in her mouth every time she made a peep, I would figure out the problem. I'm a good mom and I know it but no one should make a fucked up joke like that, least of all a family member. so why wouldn't an adult know the difference? especially after our brother almost died multiple times from drug use then went to afganistan twice. maybe I'm just ranting now but he's really fucked up for saying that to me
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

It is very cruel what he is saying and should be made to stop saying it. Is your brother still abusing drugs because when doing so they have no judgement and their comments can get very cruel Hugs to you
  3. Wispiwill

Wispiwill Well-Known Member

Perhaps you could confront him about it - asking him why he says something like that?
  4. justMe7

justMe7 Well-Known Member

Sometimes the most gentlest of things in life bring out the most confused and hurtful of things inside of us. You'll have to talk to him, because that's a horrendous thing to say to any parent. That's the sort of things that just don't need to be there. When it comes to expressions like that, people who say those sorts of things aren't 100% with the given situation. Perhaps he feels disconnected or has some awkward resentment for something and it's coming out as that. :(
  5. pancake111

pancake111 Well-Known Member

He's immature for his age. A lot of people use comedy to cover up how they're really feeling. But it was an awful thing to say