1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my attempts to escape.

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by crystaltears, Oct 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crystaltears

crystaltears Member

I have had suicidal thoughts since I was at least 5, I have been in chronic pain and as most would describe dissociative for at least just over a year before that...
    I don't know why , I suspect however it may be something my mind couldn't handle some point before turning 4. I have little tid bits of memory from then pointing towards possible CSA as the reason, and some other more odd memories that don't make a lot of sense to me.

I do not honestly know how many times I attempted. - too many to count i guess -

the only time I ever did it as a cry for help was the first time.
    even then I wouldn't have been disappointed if i had been successful and nobody noticed...

I was in school , and I cant remember what the supervision aid said but I think other kids also had been being cruel to me as well and I couldn't take it anymore - my grief from not having my grandmother , my constantly not believed pain , the neglectful nature of my parents especially my dad - it was just too much.
    so I tried to asphyxiate myself with a toy...
    but I also knew it wasn't likely to work since i would let go if i passed out and even at 5 i knew this. but I was so distressed I figured it was worth a shot.
    nobody noticed. 2 feet from an adult and nobody even sees me until the bell has rang and all im told is to hurry up back inside.
    sobbing.
    depressed I have to return to a classroom where my teacher is biased against girls who like to act like boys , back to the cruel kids who only left me alone for as long as they believed I would defend myself.

years of attempts followed.

I ended up with dozens of reasons to not want to continue.
    every year comes with a bucketful of stress and trauma always something new, never leaving me enough time to deal with the last problem before a new one comes. - but I still don't know what the first reason I felt this way honestly is.

fast forward to highschool...

I had hit a low point in my depression , the reason why i kept living so far was mostly fear of being crippled by an attempt but living.
    I briefly stopped caring one night after problems at school and fighting with my mom, I Overdosed. or at least attempted to and wrote a note.
    I also wrote a note about waking me up earlier for my mother - in case it failed I didn't want to be late for school after all... no use being a further inconvenience...

back then I though it was not enough. my stupid brain going for symbolism over actually looking at how much it would take to do irrecoverable damage.

I was wrong I only found out last year that I could have died still- over the next 3 days not right away...

but that clearly wasn't something my mother knew...
    I was dog sick that morning. my stomach was in cramps I was vomiting.
    my mom found out , because I told her.
    know what she did?
    she laughed.
    she told me if i was so serious I would be dead.
    and that i wouldn't have left the note to wake me for a shower.
    and made me go to school anyway.
    :mad2:

to myself I feel these are 2 memories of attempts I made that were significant turning points in my life.

I had many attempts but their memories aren't as clear or pervasive as these 2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.