My Band

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Godsdrummer

Every Sunday, the sound guy records our performance directly from the soundboard onto a CD burner. I am the keeper of that data. And every quarter I put together a highlights or, best of, CD to give to the band members.

This morning on my way into work, I was listening to the 2nd quarter best of cd from 2011.

2 songs specifically stood out. One is; Words I Would Say, by Sidewalk Prophets
Other is, Offering by Third Day.

All I can say is WOW. I would put my praise band up against any other praise band in the country and we would blown em away. I dare say that those 2 songs are actually better than the artist's orginal recordings.

And it's not me. I am just a drummer. But our lead guitarist is absolutely amazing. So is our keyboardist, vocalist, bass player etc.

If you believe in God, then all I can say is that God really did it right when he pulled us together.

I have to remind myself of this from time to time...especially when I am feeling low. I am a great drummer in a REALLY great band.

And I dont care if you like Christian rock or not, if you are a musician or have an appreciation for music, if you heard that cd, you would agree.

I am so blessed in that regard.

Just thought I'd share.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00