my beard

Discussion in 'Poet's Corner' started by fromthatshow, Oct 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I decided to write a poem about my beard considering a couple people told me to shave it. Well this is how I feel :laugh:

A shaven face is cold and unloving
    My beard is filled with love and kindness
    A shaven face holds no knowledge
    My beard has the wisdom of the Lord
    A shaven face is demanding
    My beard is laid back
    A shaven face will never stay with you too long
    But my beard I can always count on
  2. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

As a beard toting member, just thought I'd say this: Nice one :thumbup:
  3. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

A thinking man should always have a beard he can twiddle with while he contemplates the meaning of life, the universe and everything. Anyway shaving every day is such a pain in the ****. It's also more environmentally friendly. No throw away razors or electricity to run an electric one. No shaving foam. Just a little pair of scissors to give it a trim. Help the world and grow a beard.:laugh::laugh::laugh:
  4. fromthatshow

exactly! :laugh:
  5. tintin

tintin Guest

i thought u shaved it

Great poem Spence :wub:
  6. iceeblusmurf

iceeblusmurf Senior Member

Take it from our perspective though. how would you men feel if we stopped shaving our legs? or even our armpits? :puke:
  7. aki

aki Well-Known Member

I so can't imagine you with a beard :unsure: like just from talking to you, you don't seem like a 'beard person'...whatever that is :unsure: is it like a proper full on santa beard or something?
  8. fromthatshow

lol not quite that big.
    i have a recent picture on my myspace it's the main picture on the page so you don't have to add me or anything

and Jess I might be the exception but I really wouldn't mind if I had a girlfriend that didn't shave at all heh.
  9. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

You know when we all have mental images of people without seeing their faces? I didn't imagine you having a beard at all. :)
  10. aki

aki Well-Known Member

keep it! it'll keep you nice and warm for the winter :p
  11. innocencexisxlove

innocencexisxlove Well-Known Member

lol SPENCER!!!

i was reading comments the other day on your picture

Evan Almighty

was my favorite xD
  12. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

Why do you shave your legs and armpits? Is it because it makes you feel better or is it just to please us men? If it makes you feel better then that's great. Anyway some women seem to find beards quite sexy. I just hate shaving.:laugh:
  13. iceeblusmurf

iceeblusmurf Senior Member

OMG! you look EXACTLY like a guy i knew in highschool. that is really freakin creepy......i'm leaving now...

14. fromthatshow

:laugh: :)
  15. Nuri

Nuri Well-Known Member

Hehe, good poem, I usually wear a beard on week days as it's a nuisance to have to shave so... beard on! I think you actually look like Dave Grohl (<- compliment) and if you were wearing a hat (and weighed significantly more) you'd look like Silent Bob from the Clerks but only because it's the same type of beard (<- light hearted). :tongue:

To be quite honest, I wouldn't mind at all. I don't expect anyone to do anything like that for me, being a female is hard, why would I want to make it any harder? :blink:
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2008
  16. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

Woah. You look completely different with a beard. Do people grow beards and shave the mustache just made me wonder?
  17. xan

xan Chat Buddy

:/ my girlfriend always moans at me if i don't shave, which reminds me that I should tomorrow as she's coming to visit ^^
  18. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

i vote: keep it :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.