1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My beloved pets

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by shattered dreams, Aug 6, 2017.

1. shattered dreams

shattered dreams My scars are healed, doesnt mean the pain is gone

Thank you so much Claudia,

it just made me fall apart crying, but it is a very lovely poem

Thank you again

2. Claudia UK

Claudia UK Well-Known Member

@afterlifepig, I am so sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you. (( hugs))

3. Claudia UK

I didn't meant to make you cry again , sorry my dear. x Writing poems was /is a way for me to deal with the loss . It helped me to cope with it. :rolleyes:

4. shattered dreams

it wasn't you that made me cry, I just miss them so much, they were my life I have 4 other dogs, but now it's like half my family is gone.
    I lived for my dogs, they are my everything, your poem is beautiful.

I just haven't gotten over their passing, I lost them both on the same day, as each were in my arms, and i have a lot of guilt that i hadn't been able to get them their shots. I have since given shots to my other 4 and they have 1 more set in two weeks and they will have all there shots completed.

i'm so thankful that i didn't lose all my dogs, I probably wouldn't be here now

Claudia UK likes this.
  5. Claudia UK

Same here , I use to have three and lost already two . One to cancer at the age of 7 and my oldest at the age of 14. I think the hardest part is not to let them go , its how much your world changes afterwards and the emtyness left in your heart. Stay strong my friend. Xx

shattered dreams likes this.
  6. shattered dreams

I'm trying, it's just so damn hard, they meant the world to me, it saddens me that you've lost two, mine were just barely a year old, they were brothers, I can only imagine your feeling of loss after having them for longer, how you must have felt.

losing them is what guided me to this site, I was going to join them, and found this site it was almost 3 weeks ago, and i'm still struggling everyday.
    ever since my kids moved out, my dogs are my life.

7. Claudia UK

I know its tough but it will get easier believe me. Focus on the ones you have now as they grieve too . My youngest shepherd was raised by my oldest and she showed him all the ropes. He took it really hard when she passed away and it broke my heart to see him so sad . He was searching for her for days was lethargic and barely ate.:( It took about two weeks when he finally was back to his old self.
    Be assured that it is normal and is acceptable for you to display grief when a companion animal dies, it is also helpful to recognise that other pet owners have experienced similar strong emotions and that you are certainly not alone in this feeling of grief. Do not ever feel embarrassed or ashamed, your pain is very real and your loss heavy. 12495138_1347994571881062_1614110264391683542_n.jpg

8. drinty

drinty I'd rather be a Cat.

I'm sorry for your losses. It hurts so so bad when a fur baby dies, I'm sure you loved them so much and gave them a lovely life. Take time to grieve. Thinking of you.

9. Struggling along

Struggling along SF Supporter

I'm so sorry for your loss @shattered dreams, Rocky and Scooby look gorgeous! We lost ours, Oscar, not long ago now, it literally tore our hearts, we still miss him now, but we look back and smile, and sometimes laugh, about his traits and realise we were blessed to have had him. Sending you big (((hugs)))

10. shattered dreams

I miss you Scooby, I miss you Rocky,

I miss you both more and more as each day passes, The day you died a part of me died with you...

I love you both so much, you will forever be in my heart and my soul and never forgotten, I miss your kisses every morning and you smiling faces every minute you were by my side...

Love Daddy

11. Claudia UK

I think that perfectly sums it up.:) 984463671567489.jpg

Attached Files:

12. shattered dreams

thank you, Claudia

it's beautiful and so true, I miss them so much, I still cry everyday....
    it hurts so bad.

13. Claudia UK

I know, :(:(:(. Take your time to grief . It will get better , believe me. Perhaps planting a rose bush or a tree in their memory will help you getting through this. I planted a rose bush for my Eva and this year it was the first time that it bloomed. It might sound strange but sometimes when I do the gardening and I have to water it or something I talk to her . Telling her how much I miss her and that that I hope that I see her again when my time comes. The love is immeasurable, but so is the love left behind.

14. Claudia UK

Somebody once said: "
    Grief, it turns out, is grief, however you cut it and comparing readings for pet grief as opposed to human grief on the griefometer serves little purpose. It’s still the same familiar ache that swells from gullet to gut and fills the entire chest cavity, which only that old cliché time can heal. Worse things have happened to us and far, far worse things are happening to others as I write, but you can’t help what you feel. "

15. shattered dreams

I look and talk to them each and everyday, I can't say that it's helping me or hurting me more, my depression has gotten so bad, i'm completely overwhelmed with grief and sadness, and it's not just my pets, it's everything in my life right now, nothing is right, it's becoming more than i can handle,