my best friend might die please help

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by bryaninoh, Oct 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bryaninoh

bryaninoh New Member

Hi guys,

i dont know really what to do and have never felt like this before. I cant stop thinking about it. I'm the last person he talked to before he tried committing suicide by swallowing a bunch of <mod edit: no specifics on pills please>.

he's still in the hospital, they pumped his stomach. His mom tells me his stomach lining is nearly gone.. Which i don't know anything other than that. they dont know whats going to happen.

i cant stop thinking about it, like he's my best friend and really the only true friend i have.. i dont konw what would happen if something happened to him. he's mentioned suicide before but i never took him serious (which i know is dumb) but again i just figured he was mad about somethin and just venting. i never would think in a million years he'd try..

i have no one to talk to about it, i just want to know if he's going to be okay. i just don't get it. it sucks. why does everythign have to be so fucked up. he's just laying in a hospital unconscious, i cant do anythign .. he wanted to do something last nite and i told him i didnt feel like it, now he tried to kill himself.. i feel like its my fault. if i would've just been there this would never have happened. its all my fuckin fault..

please help me, i feel so helpless. ive never felt like this before.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2008
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

welcome to the forum :welcome:

I am sorry to hear about what your friend did, I hope he will be okay. please don't blame yourself. It is not your fault. maybe you should go to the hospital and be there for him and show him how much you care about him. please don't blame him or yourself, that will only make matters worse , whats done is done and he needs recovery now :hug:
  3. bryaninoh

bryaninoh New Member

please, do you think he will be ok? No one will tell me that. no one will say anything i'm so scared. I couldn't see him today he was in ICU. All i could do was sit in the waiting room. and no one says anything - they wont say fucking anything.

how is it not my fault, i was supposed to be with him last nite. i cant settle down, i just feel like it's all my fault and nothign will change that. what can i do? i dont want to feel like this, i cant help it..
  4. Petal

Do you have any idea how many pills he took? that would give some indication of whether he will be ok or not. lots of people overdose <mod edit: no specifics on pills please> and many survive so please dont give up hope :hug:

its not your fault hun, ok so you were meant to be with him and werent but it was 100% his decision to take those pills, im sure he wouldnt want you to blame yourself too :hug:
  5. bryaninoh

bryaninoh New Member

No one knows but they think a lot. his mom found him at 5 in the morning and i last talked to him at 10.. so he could've laid there for 6 or more hours, which i understand if after 2 hours it does permanent damage. Someone said that the liver and kidneys might fail and he would need a transplant but they wouldn't give a suicide attempt anything.

I just don't know what to do. it sounds bad. i just feel like there would be nothing no matter who or wat would make me feel different. i would never hurt myself ever, but I don't want to live like this. it sucks. Please pray for him, his name is Rob.

thanks for replying i guess you're the only one on this forum.
  6. Petal

it's untrue that they wouldn't give it to someone if it was from a suicide attempt. by law, they have to treat everyone the same. (at least that's the way it is in Ireland). I will pray for him hun :hug:
  7. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Hi Bryaninoh. It wasn't your fault that he decided to take a bunch of pills and is now in the hospital. It was entirely his decision, because his life is in his own hands. Hindsight is always 20/20, but you couldn't have known that he would have done this when you turned down his offer last night. <Mod Edit - not helpful> It isn't your fault and you shouldn't beat yourself up over it. Just be there for him. :hug:
  8. soliloquise

soliloquise Well-Known Member

you were there for him and provided him with friendship. it is no way your fault. let us know how he is?? thinking of both of you x
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.