My Best Friend Tried to Kill Himself

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by SkyW, Nov 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkyW

SkyW Well-Known Member

I've lost pretty much everyone I thought I was close to, now this happens... I don't even feel like I have the right to feel sorry for myself... His mom has had to deal with so much... Health problems, money stress, and her other son is currently in treatment for alcoholism (I suppose that's a positive, as long as he's taking it seriously.) I can't help but think how she must feel. She's one of the most amazing people I've ever met, and an amazing mother... She came over to our house crying, and she told all of us... She gave me a big hug and told me 'hang in there.' I said 'don't worry about me, I will.' Then I went into my room and just totally lost it. I've been totally sterile over the last few hours. I can't feel anything right now, but I know subconsciously I'm hurting really bad. The last thing I told him was I loved him, and I'm glad those were the last words I said to him, since he very well might not make it...

2. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Sky, this is such a horribly sad story. I cannot imagine how painful it must have been, must be for you. To have listened to your best friend's mother. To not know if he will make it or not. All I can say is I am so sorry that you and his mom are going through this. and I hope with all my heart that he will survive and recover.

I hope people who are considering suicide can read this. In depression we honestly believe that people will recover if we take our life. or that they will not be impacted that greatly. It is not the reality though. Best I can do is to offer you a hug :hug: Please keep us updated in the coming days. And of course post here as much as you need and want. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.