My Best Friend

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Michael Lee, Sep 11, 2007.

1. Michael Lee

Michael Lee Well-Known Member

My best friend called me today. We've know each other for 28 years, in fact he introduced me to my wife. In spite of that we are still friends. Well his cat died. He has had the cat for 17 years. It was as ugly as sin . . . no hair . . . had stopped eating and using the liter box. It died in his arms Monday morning. He just buried it. Couldn't stand to part with his friend. We hang on to things long after they are dead because they are a part of us and we don't like watching ourselves die piece by piece by piece. Mary I have held on to you for many years. If I let go I would die. You own my heart. I gave it to you . . . I can't take it back. I hope my friend can stay sober. He has had a tough road. Not sure he could live through another drunk. Too many physical problems. I want to be happy. I want to be happy one more time before I die. I want to wake up in the morning and feel alive. I want to hold you in my arms and kiss you one more time. But then once wouldn't be enough. Damn it I just wanted to love you and grow old with you. My friend asked me why people and things that he loved were always taken away from him. All I could say is I don't know . . . I don't know. God has a plan seems like a cop out. Life sucks. I read a book by a Jewish theologian once entitled "In the Face of an Abusing God". How do we explain pain and suffering and injustice. I don't know. Either God doesn't care or He/She is negligent. Done ranting. Just hurting for my friend and that damn ugly cat.
    Michael

2. pisces-music-girl

pisces-music-girl Well-Known Member

:hug: I'm hurting tonight for different reasons, but just know that I'll be here for a good part of tonight.

I'm here for a PM if you want to talk. We all take everything hard, especially the deaths of animals. If my doggie died (see the avvie?) I'd be devastated.

Take care. :hug:

3. RunningAway

RunningAway Well-Known Member

Mike :hug:

I will email you later :hug: