My Best Friend

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by unholy453, May 7, 2010.

1. unholy453

unholy453 New Member

Hi, 2 Sundays ago, I woke up to hear that my best friend, had passed away. He was only 20 years old, and has a 3 year old daughter, who is now left with no father. He fell victim to heroin addiction, and I watched him decline over the course of roughly six months, until his overdose. Now I wish there was something I could have done, to help him, to save him. I know that I will never really be okay, but I'm used to the emotional pain. I just want everyone to know, if you know someone who is, or you are, using heroin, PLEASE, get help. You can't even imagine the pain felt by the people who love you. I had sort of cut ties with him for about a month, in hopes that, something would get through to him, and it did, he stopped using, and found a job, which he was quickly fired from, for cheaper, faster, help... 3 times this happened to him in a week, and he started using again. I saw him the day before he died, and had no expectations that I would never see him alive again. I regret every minute I didn't spend with him now, so please, if you are in a similar situation, do anything you can to help, even if it is calling the police, to put that person in jail, at least in jail... they're safe...