My best friend's suicide!

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by shades, Aug 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shades

shades Staff Alumni

My best friend of 30 plus years took his own life a few days ago.

I found out about it less than 24 hours ago. I am physically ill and the mental anguish is more than I can bear right now.

They say that time heals all wounds. Of course, right now I cannot see that happening. There are just too many memories!

Too many shared friends and acquaintences with whom I will be in contact
    Too many great times
    Too many conversations
    Too many arguments
    Too many restaurants and movie theaters we had been to
    Too many....

Now that I have experienced this kind of pain, I know I could never do this to my family and remaining friends. I know that many of you may have considered the effect that your death would have on family and friends but if you haven't, think of it now. It is pure hell and horror!

To those with whom I share pm's and visitor messages, I thought this would be the best way to get this type of news to you. I did not feel it was appropriate to send you a pm like this. Maybe later on I'll be able to talk about it with those who are willing.

Thank you SF and friends for listening.

2. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Mike,

I am sorry sorry to hear of your loss. You bet, I will be hear for you as I am able to do so.

You have my deepest sympathies.

The days ahead are going to be hard for you, but you, your friends and your best friend are in my prayers.

3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Shades, so sorry about your loss...glad you used SF to support you...big hugs, J

4. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

((((((Mike)))))) I'm so sorry about your friend. I'm here if you need anything.

5. GA_lost

GA_lost Well-Known Member

Mike that is so sad. Hope you will let us support you. :hug:

6. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Mike, I am so sorry for what you are having to deal with. Losing a close friend to suicide is something I wish no one would ever have to experience. The days ahead may be difficult. We are here as you need us. The pain never goes away. It does eventually reach the place where you can think about your friend without his suicide tarnishing the memories You as well as his friends and family will remain in my thoughts. :hug:

7. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hey the pain you are suffering is great and i only hope coming here talking to your friends will help you through this. Thank you for sharing and trying to get others to see the pain that is left behind I know it lessens in time but never goes away. I will never stop blaming myself for brothers suicide. I hope and pray you have lots of support out there as well. Take care

8. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

:hug: am a pm away

9. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Mike I'm sorry for your loss hun. But please dont try to deal with the next little while by yourself. You are going to experience so many different emotions in the next few days alone. So please turn to your other friends and family. And here. You will have tons of support through this sad time, use it. Hugs and kisses to try and help you keep going Mike.

10. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

We're all here for you, Mike :hug:

PM box is always open :)

11. mandyj101

mandyj101 Well-Known Member

:hug: so sorry 4 ur loss .. x

12. reefer madness

reefer madness Account Closed

Very sorry for your loss.

13. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Thank you all for your support. This site is more important than I could have ever imagined. You have helped me so much!

Mike

14. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I'm so sorry for your loss hun :hug:
    You're not alone in dealing with this, we are here to hold your hand and help you through it!!

15. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Mike, I am sorry to hear of your loss!!! You did the right thing coming here.. The support you get from the members is genuine..I can only say we are here for you!!!

16. TBear

TBear Antiquities Friend

So sorry!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.