my big question

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by flowerpot, Dec 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flowerpot

flowerpot Well-Known Member

why were people given life when they end up spending the whole time not wanting to be alive..?

im sick of seeing people hurt, i just want to make them all better :sad:
  2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Probably the worst state we see, is when ppl are hurting...we have a very rare opportunity here, to be there for ppl who are hurting...we do this for ourselves, as well as for others...again, what a wonderful balance for ppl to be engaged in...not all of us can say the 'right' thing all the time; not all of us can assist someone to change each time, but what we can always do, is honor the other person and treat him/her with compassion and respect...yes, some ppl make this more difficult, especially when s/he is talking from a place of dire pain, but the true test of our compassion is during those times...I might not like how someone has said something, or I might not agree with what they are saying, but I feel I must respect and honor the person...that is not to suggest that anyone has license to be hurtful, but it does obligate us to lessen suffering where possible...thank you for your sentiment, J
  3. :hug: flowerpot and sadeyes
  4. danni

danni Chat Buddy

maybe cause they been with people who had a rough time and they take there problem on them. or just ppl who seen alot of bad stuff in the world and dont like to take it in..
  5. SoulRiser

SoulRiser Well-Known Member

I think a large part of it is because humans in general focus their entire lives on what other people want them to be doing, and not on what THEY themselves want to do. This is also due to society's pressure on everyone to be "normal" and do regular stuff like get a high paying job and being "successful" and all that stuff. Not everyone wants that.

But that's just one side of it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.