My bird.

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by Petal, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

My bird died today...the same bird I mentioned in a thread the other day...I was saying how sad my life is that the best company I have is my bird. I was already feeling awful when I woke, my doctor had refused me meds yet again. I got off the phone..walked into my room and saw him lying at the bottom of the cage:sad:

I know what you're thinking..''it's just a pet bird,get over it''......but i can't , i miss him.:mad:

2. aki

aki Well-Known Member

aww :( I understand how you feel, my cats like my best friend, I'd be shattered if he died. I'm sorry :hug:

3. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

I'm sorry to hear about your bird. I wouldn't say he was "just a pet bird, get over it." Our pets can be good or best friends sometimes, so of course you miss him. :hug:

4. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear that Lynn. I know you mentioned how much your bird meant to you.:hug:

5. Shadowlands

Shadowlands Official SF Hugger Staff Alumni

Im very sorry to hear that. If you need hugs let me know :arms:

:hug: :hug: :hug:

6. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Sorry to hear about your bird Lynn. I lost my pet turtle in August. Animals can make really good friends sometimes. :hug:

7. ~Tosh~

~Tosh~ Forum Buddy

Sorry to hear your bird died Lynn.. :hug:

8. kenny

kenny Well-Known Member

aww Lynn, sorry to hear that. take your time to grieve. a pet is as important as, well, no it *is* a familiy member.
    :hug:

9. xXWhateverItTakesXx

xXWhateverItTakesXx Forum Buddy

A pet is just as important as a family member. They can become part of your life and you bond with them.
    And so I strongly disagree with people who think like that.

I'm sorry to hear your bird died :( . Will you have a little service for him? That would be nice

Sending you :hug:s xx

10. SAVE_ME

SAVE_ME Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that, I lost a pet a few months back so I know what it's like.

:hug:

11. A_pixie

A_pixie Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry to hear that would you ever get another one?

12. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

A pet is often a great mood-booster. I'm sorry that you lost yours, but it's no minor issue.