My Birthday is making me feel depressed

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Rolo555, Feb 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rolo555

Rolo555 Well-Known Member

Ok so my birthday is in 2 days and just thinking I been living for 27 years, alone and my life hasnt amounted to shit, makes me just want to leave.

So since they reduced my hours at work I am getting the same amount of work, only to be done in less time.

Im not doing what I wanted to do when I was younger as far as working goes.
    I live alone and hardly anyone hangs out with me.
    Im not in a relationship.
    I am having a hard enough time just paying bills and getting food to eat.
    People I tried to get with have done nothing but diss me.
    I dont get along with my brother.
    And friends come and go in my life. I dont have any friends which I have known for 3 years or more. And I never had.
    I dont get what I want in life, and instead things just come along which I must take or not my first choice.

I keep getting pushed. But I just might push back.
  2. crookxshanks

crookxshanks Well-Known Member

in this current climate its the best thing in the world to have a job

i remember when i turned 27 i felt the same way as you. all that had happened to me felt like such a distant memory and that i was stuck feeling like i had nothing but things can change

it was at 27 that i did get myself into a relationship whom im still with to this day. also live alone which is a great achievement in itself. i know it may not seem it and it may seem like your not being cared for and no ones noticing you but the independance that you get is priceless. no one to answer back to and so you get to feel just that bit more adult. it was also 27 where i realised who were worthy of being my friends and who werent. surely there are things that you want to do that you werent ready to do a few years ago but feel like its ok to do now. on my 27th i went to a portrait gallery and that was something i wouldnt have done on my own before because i just didnt feel like i felt in.

it may seem like that 27 is a horrible age to turn to but it also can be the age where you re-evaluate your 20's and think 'im ready to turn 30' but you just need to look around and think whats different in my life then when i was 20 and you'll realise that. i think whats happening is that your just getting ready to be older. i think your just fearful and its completly natural believe me :hug:

if you need someone to talk to im just a pm away
  3. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

....hi hun. birthdays can be rough - they remind us of where we are and where we are NOT..... but i think you are being too hard on yourself. . . .

maybe at this point, the birthday coming up, you could think of, and write down some goals you want in life. for example, a job you enjoy that pays better. a healthy relationship. a good friendship that lasts. then think of ways you can get to that point. sounds simple - but. i just made my first such goal list out - ever - at the ancient age of 45. realizing i had never lived a life for ME - only for others....

this could be a turning point for you - i hope you are able to take advantage of it - and we are here to help you along the way - xxxx :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.