My Boring Life

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Godsdrummer, Apr 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

I would like to preface this by saying that I am not suicidal.

I was just thinking about my future and I dont see anything out there that makes me say, yeah I can't wait for that day.

My future consists of work, more work, being alone and that's it.

Oh I know, there are things in the distant future. Kids will get married one day, maybe I'll live long enough to be a grandpa, stuff like that.

I'm talking big things. People plan for and then look forward to their vacations. People plan for and look forward to all kinds of things. Birthdays, Holidays, reunions, etc.

I have nothing like that. With the divorce, the birthdays will be akward, and the holidays will be spent alone.

I am so tired, and lonely and pathetic. Now I know I can't see into the future, but right now, the future looks bleak.

The only things I get to look forward to are, severe weather events, an occasional tv show or movie, getting drunk, masturbating with one of my toys, the kids coming over for 4 days out of a month, and my video games. Oh and cleaning out the litter box! lol

I do have responsibilites. I have to work for my kids to have insurance, pay the child support etc.

But my life has become so empty, void of anything really. My meals consist of Swanson Hungry Man dinners or Chef Boyardee.

My favorite time of day is when I go to bed. I hardly shower during the weekdays anymore.

I put up the great front to appear so strong for the people in my life, namely my kids, guys at AA, my landlord, my coworkers. But inside, there is a man, who is lost, in despair, and utterly pissed at himself for having just thrown away everything.

You guys dont need to respond to this post if you dont want to. I am not worth it anyway.

2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I can relate on some level to where you're coming from. It's like getting into a rut where there's nothing interesting happening, just the same old boring routine every single day. It sucks. Especially when you're single, because then it seems harder to get out and interact with people.

You're not pathetic, and you ARE worth responding to. You'll find things that make you happy again! Do you have any hobbies, things you like to do that could get you in a position of meeting people?

Haha, you mentioned reunions. I've got a family reunion coming up that I've been trying to get out of since I heard about it (a year ago). I think that's one social event I wouldn't mind missing; it usually ends up being more like a boxing match.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.