My boyfriend is driving me crazy

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Cat2007, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Cat2007

Cat2007 Member

I just need to know what to do when you are with someone who is constantly either picking on you, drunk, jealous, or manipulative, when you DON'T want to break up with them.

I know I should break up with him, I just don't have the energy. :-( It's been over two years and just the thought of breaking up makes me feel even worse.

It's just that right now I need to know how to get out of this slump and depression that he puts me in. I haven't been able to work for 2 days because he just starts the most ridiculous arguments and even though I don't engage I still feel depressed about it and don't want to eat, get out of bed, nothing, because I'm just so hurt and so angry!!!! Why can't he act like a normal person?

I feel like even though all my friends and family hate him and say he is abusive, somehow it is still my fault for not being stronger, or quicker with the comebacks when he insults me, or just being strong enough to not care what he says and ignore him. If I could only learn to do that!

Sorry I am rambling. I just need some quick ideas on how to get him out of my head long enough today to get some work done and focus! I can't lose any more money this week over him :-(

Thanks guys! <3 <3 <3
  2. Reki

Reki Well-Known Member

Hey Cat, I'm sorry to hear your boyfriend is treating you badly. If you really don't want to break up with him I think you need to sit him down and tell him that you're tired of being hurt, that you've reached your limit and if it doesn't stop you're going to leave him. But honestly, if he's costing you money and all he does is mistreat you then the best thing to do is to leave him, even if only to scare him into good behavior.
  3. A_pixie

A_pixie Well-Known Member

I've been in a relationship like this.

People like that are charmers, they push and push and push to see how far you will tolerate them and then charm their way back when you finally break.

I know breaking up is hard, I nearly ended up in hospital due to stravation because of my last breakup. But you will recover.

I was with someone for 3 years, they cheated with my friend's 15 year old sister I have known since she was a baby. He was so manipulative and such a bully he made me feel like it was my own fault!

The reason you have no energy is because of HIM. HE is the problem here not you. If you could just find the strength to leave him it will only take a few words! With him out of your life you will be surprised at how good your life will become.

Please let me know how it goes.
  4. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Please don't take this any longer. I know a woman who was in a similar situation, even married him, and stayed with him 10 years. I don't know you, but it'd break my heart if you let that happen to you.