My Boyfriend

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Aimee_in_Wonderland, Aug 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aimee_in_Wonderland

Aimee_in_Wonderland Well-Known Member

And i once again have been arguing,
    and i know i can say some damn right nasty things
    im not innocent by a long shot.

i do love him so much and i prob deserved what he said
    and i know he lost it with me badly.
    you see my boyfriend told me.

"i hate you"
    "go ahead and kill yourself then... atleast your stopping texting me then!"

i know deep down that he didnt mean to say those horrible things because the moment he said them he regreted them but now i cant help but feel really hurt over what he said. i cant help it maybe hes right?

its put me back into so much traffic goiing on in my head
    it just wont stop
    hes trying to make it up to me but i cant see how he can?
    i pretend it didnt hurt and that i completely understand.
    but truth is.
    it did hurt.
    and i dont understand.
  2. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

We all say things we don't mean when we argue. He's not right, he doesn't really believe the things he said. After a day or two hopefully the anger will ease and you'll realize it fully yourself. Tomorrow you'll probably feel better... if you don't feel free to drop me a PM. :hug:
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Aw Aimee im sorry he said that too you Guys can be so incaring at times. He was probably frustrated and mad at not being able to do anything to help you
    He should never ever had said that but know he probably is sincere when he says he is sorry. It sounds like he could use some anger management I hope you and bf can let it go what was said and support each other okay Let him know definetly how much it hurt and that you don't want to hear it again but forgive him this time and try to support each other. Take care and i hope things go better tommorrow.
  4. EricS

EricS Member

Folks sometimes say things in the heat of the moment they don't mean, and can truly regret it.

Is something no person should ever tell another person, no matter the situation, though.

However, and I'm not sure if you are religious at all or believe in God (if not, I do apologize):
    Forgive him for what he said, even though it did hurt you.

Since the argument, and with him now trying to patch things up with you - have you tried telling him the truth about it hurting you?

If you and the bf fight often, it may be worthwhile for you both to maybe try anger management or couples counseling.
  5. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I agree with what the others are saying. And yes you need to tell him just how much it hurt. Dont pretend hun. Tell him you dont understand. By you belittling your own feelings, it probably confuses him too. He's trying to apologize yet you are saying it's ok. But yet I bet your body language is saying it isnt.
    And in no way is he right!!! Anger makes people do things in the heat of the moment. You cant take that moment back no matter how hard you try. But you can try to make up for it. And he is. Just make sure that he understands what it does to you emotionally and mentally when he says things like that and that you wont stand for it ever again. I think he said it because he really doesnt know how to help you. And that frustrates him. So without thinking words come out. You said you are no angel so you know the feeling I'm talking about. You know the moment the words came out, you wished that they never did. They are :brainfart:'s hun! It feels good the second it happens but you regret it very shortly after! You both need to be honest so that things like this dont happen again.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.