My BPD/Avoidant Personality Disorder makes me feel like I am in a competition.

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by TooShyToScream, Feb 7, 2011.

1. TooShyToScream

TooShyToScream Well-Known Member

...Competing for my fiance's love and attention constantly.

I get so jealous when he talks to other people, even his family...when he does things for them, etc. I even feel like I have to compete with the dog when he gives it attention. When he has to drive his mom to the store or bank I get jealous. Why am I like this? Why does him doing something for/with other people make me feel so unloved and unimportant?
    I'm even like this with inanimate objects. My ex used to play video games so now I despise video games because they took attention away from me. Or he used to have an iphone and always play with it constantly, and now I fucking hate iphones.
  2. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

Have you actually been diagnosed with these conditions.

It comes down to insecurity.

I know how it feels. My ex used to love his guitar and spend more time with it then he did me and soemtimes i wanted to smash the fucking thing so he'd look at me for once.

Are you recieving any treament?
  3. TooShyToScream

TooShyToScream Well-Known Member

Yes I've been diagnosed. No, I'm not receiving what I believe would be the proper treatment right now. I self-medicate on a daily basis and just try to make it through each day.