My brain hurts

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by whydoes, Nov 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whydoes

whydoes Member

I don't know why I have thought about suicide for the past 20 years. I have tried several times. The attempts were feeble. The closest I ever got was once I took a bunch of pills after a fight with my sister and slept threw an entire day. I also bought a gun once about nine years ago, but I called some one and my mom came and took me to the doctor.
    The thing is that I am 32 now. I just quit my job and withdrew from a fellowship at Vanderbilt. Nobody likes me. I have never been married. I have had 2 abortions. I can't get out of bed. I just really do not want to live. I dont want to hurt and disappoint my family, but I hurt and disappoint them any way. I can't go anywhere without being harassed, and I am a targeted individual.
    I wish suicide was legal.

2. windlepoons

windlepoons Well-Known Member

Why are you harrassed?
    Quitting your job could be seen as a new start, a way to change your life for the better.

3. crystalclear

crystalclear Well-Known Member

I agree with her. Start fresh, find a job where nobody knows you. Besides you're still young you could still find happiness, you just gotta keep looking for it. I make this list (in my mind but you could also write it down) where I put all of the things that makes me happy, little things, big things...example chocolate,movies, books, ice cream, amusement park, flowers, blue sky, then I try to experience the things in my list. It helped me get through every day the next thing I knew I felt better and happier. :D

4. EarToHelp

EarToHelp Member

That's nice crystal clear, that is good advice. You need to know what you want in life and go towards it every day.

Any hobbies etc?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.