My brain is broken and i am tired

Status
Not open for further replies.

just_me_again

I had a flashback while in the doctor's office today. It was to a negative experience I had while being hospitalized last year. It knocked my whole day off course. Today's my only day off this week and I'm pulling like 60 hours and I'm just tired and overwhelmed. I feel like I just wasted today being upset about something that happened a year ago.

I feel like it won't actually get better. Like I'll have these moments of hope and then i go back to that dark place. I don't want to be tired forever.

Daphna

Ninja of light
I had a flashback while in the doctor's office today. It was to a negative experience I had while being hospitalized last year. It knocked my whole day off course. Today's my only day off this week and I'm pulling like 60 hours and I'm just tired and overwhelmed. I feel like I just wasted today being upset about something that happened a year ago.

I feel like it won't actually get better. Like I'll have these moments of hope and then i go back to that dark place. I don't want to be tired forever.
Sorry to hear you had a hard day. If the past tries to come back to haunt me, I remind myself that I forgive it. Today is a new day. The only thing the past is good for is to learn from it. Hope this helps.

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hey there, PTSD can be really taxing on your day to day mental well being. Flashbacks can be sporadic and very traumatising.

I'm sorry to hear you were triggered today, did you engage with the doctor about the flashback, if so were they helpful?

Keep talking to us, there's plenty of us here with PTSD who can relate as we have lived it. Don't hold back, just let all your thoughts out, maybe create a diary on here too? *hug

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
eek that sounds like a terrible day. You sound like you're potentially over stressed, burning the candle at both ends, so to speak. I hope you're feeling better by the time you get this.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter

i'm sorry that you have to go through that. sometimes when we're in the hospital it's a traumatic event and we go back there in our mind every once in a while. but i can tell you it does lessen with time. you'll still have the memory but it won't affect you as much. i hope you feel better soon...mike...*hug*console*brohug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00