My brother molested my sister and attempted suicide

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by M84, Aug 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M84

M84 Active Member

About a month ago, I found out my brother and his girlfriend gave my sister alcohol and xanax.
    My brother is early twenties and sister is early teens. She was at their house watching a movie
    when all of a sudden my brother led her into their room. From what I heard from my parents is
    she didn't resist. I'm guessing she froze and didn't know what to do.

A few days ago I spoke with my dad about the situation. During our conversation I found out that
    my brother attempted suicide and was placed in a psych ward for five days.

I hated my brother at first but now I feel sorry for him. His attempt was pretty serious and not
    just a cry for help so I'm scared he will do it again.

Right now, I don't know how to feel about this. I cry every day, even at work sometimes. It's as
    if I've lost my brother I grew up with and my sister is traumatized. I'm their older brother and I
    can't do anything to help them.

I feel very alone and just wanted someone, somewhere know what I'm going through.
  2. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Have you talked to your sister or your brother since?

Its a bad feeling to be helpless.
  3. Dj123456

Dj123456 Member

That's terrible. The world can be a very dark place and often is. Maybe he should try to go the religious route. Trying to cope with feeling so guilty can be a very difficult thing if you don't have a will. Maybe god can help him..
  4. M84

M84 Active Member

It's really hard and awkward to talk to my sister but I'm trying. I refuse to speak with my brother. He brings me down with him.
  5. M84

M84 Active Member

Honestly, I'd love to be blissfully religious. He's an atheist and would never comply. I'm an atheist as well but I am trying to concentrate on the fact that I can't control this. Just like I can't control the rotation of Jupiter for instance. I do understand your point though.
  6. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Your sister is really in a world of hurt right now. I dont blame you for not talking to your brother. Maybe talking to a therapist about this would help you sort out your feelings better as this is intense on the family.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.