my brother survived an attempt...

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by emmbnm, Apr 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emmbnm

emmbnm Member

the other night my brother tried to kill himself and it has broken my heart. my sister has also tried a few years ago and I've been suicidal for years but THIS has hurt me more than anything. I can't stand the pain of knowing that my baby brother had been feeling so bad and I didnt know. I was in the next room and I didn't even notice. I'm afraid to fall alseep at night and I can't get the image out of my head. I need someone to talk to. I blame my mom for this and my anger towards her is just growing stronger and stronger. I really don't know how to handle this.... my depression and anxiety was under control and now I feel like its too much. I can't stand this feeling knowing my brother is so sad. I get so angry. I want him to be happy.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Perhaps you and your brother could go and talk to a therapist together heal together so you can be strong for each other.
  3. flowers

flowers Senior Member

I am VERY sorry this is happening. Very sorry. Your feelings are very understandable. This is a good place to come. I also want to say that considering your sister brother and you all are being so effected by your mom, this may be something that is too big to handle alone. Is there a therapist or counselor you can talk with irl? As Total Eclipse said, with your brother. Or even alone? I hope you all can get help. Because you deserve it.

I am glad you are here. Very glad. And I am sorry your brother and you are going through this pain ( to put it mildly). Will you let us know if you are also able to reach out irl?
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2014
  4. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

What your feeling is quite understandable.

What if...hes still alive thats all that matters now . Time to heal is happening now. Need to be focusing on the current present hes still alive. A survivor. Now you see hes in pain and is youre painfully aware of it maybe focus on not dwelling on what ifs and guilt just focus on healing from on forward And heal together as a family.

Hope for the best.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.