My Brother

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by BipolarGirl (Deathplease), May 6, 2016.

1. So for almost ten years my brother and I would play this "game" where we would act out BDSM stuff (with our clothes on luckily). I was 5 when it started and 13 when I finally got up the courage to say no, before that I didn't feel like I could say no. I have talked to a few people and they all seem to think it was sexual abuse because my brother is older (21 months older to be exact) but by law it wasn't because he would have to be two years older and he is shy of that by three months. I don't know what it was, I know I was a "willing" participant - as in I didn't fight him off - but I knew it was wrong. I feel awful now about it and can't believe that we did that. I feel also that I am to blame for what happened because I should have said no and it would have stopped. Well I did say no a couple time but he convinced me to do it but it was still my choice. I talked to my brother last year and asked him if he remembered and he said no and seemed really confused. I feel like he couldn't have forgotten but I don't know.
  2. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

*hugs* Do NOT blame yourself. If this happened to someone you knew, would you blame them?
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi hun, this is NOT your fault. It's he who is to blame. How about moving forward and receiving therapy for this as it needs to be put to bed so you can move on and understand what happened and to know it was not your fault. *hugs*
  4. ashleyneedshope29

ashleyneedshope29 Active Member

I to was sexualy abused by my brother and I have no relationship with him and dont want to. So I understand your situation.