My brother.

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by SuzayLogan, Jul 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuzayLogan

SuzayLogan Member

My brother survived suicide, twice. The first time he took 100+ pills (not sure what kind) and got taken to hospital the next day after being sick all night. The second time he hung himself outside the back garden but luckily the rope snapped and my mum found him on the ground after him sending a weird text message to his girlfriend who alerted her. The third time he tried it.. he wasn't so lucky to survive.

Who else has survived suicide attempts as brutal as this?
  2. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Hi Suzay. I'm sorry to hear that your brother chose to end his life. I'm sure that you did all that you possibly could to help him. How have you been coping with his death? :hug:
  3. SuzayLogan

SuzayLogan Member

Hi Dave. :smile:

Thanks. I'm dealing with it quite well, I miss him so much but I don't cry as much anymore. I also don't think of doing anything silly (suicide, self harming) because of it so no need to worry about that. I'm dealing with it better than I could ever imagine. I miss him more everyday and at night when I think of him I get really low, but that's normal.
  4. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

:hug: I am here if you wanna talk.
  5. lionsheart

lionsheart Member

I'm glad to see that you don't cry no more. I'm sure that's what he wants and he's missing you too :)

6. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

It's okay and normal to grieve for a loved one. The problem starts when you let it consume you. I think you are dealing with his loss quite well. He will always be with you. :hug:
  7. myrobotfriend

myrobotfriend Member

My ex girlfriend.. took handfuls of pills more often then I can remember.
    First only a few sleeping pills.. then incrementally more and more til it was about 50 dollars worth of pills.
    I've ridden in more ambulances then I can remember, I've even taken a cop car once... one time I managed to call an ambulance before she took any pills. Once. .. watching her being rolled into one on a stretcher, looking around completely out of her mind on pills. I was so sure that would be.. it.

Every time it's terrifying, every time you just can't relax knowing that you can't trust someone you care about so much with something like their own lives. It's mortifying.. you feel like you're walking on eggshells sometimes.

I'm so sorry about your brother. I'm glad you're dealing with it.. as well as can be expected though :)
  8. suicidal maniac

suicidal maniac Well-Known Member

Sorry for your loss, it must be realy hard to loose a love one.
  9. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

my bro did same thing i died od i wasn't there for him i still cry i am sorry you too have lost a bro an dhope you have some supports in place to help you take care
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.