My brothers death

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by adnarim1, Dec 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adnarim1

adnarim1 New Member

My brother hanged himself when I was still too young to understand.
    Am I alone by feeling depressed by his actions?
    I hardly knew him and it still affects me.
    Did anyone else have to let go of someone they knew that way?
    How did it change you?
  2. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

welcome. i lost a good friend to suicide 4 years ago. i was older and could make sense of it, but it still saddens me. i wish he knew how much we loved him. i still think of him everyday.

it makes sense you are still grieving your brother. there are many people here who have lost a loved one to suicide. i'm sure some will answer your thread.

in the meantime sending you a hug and best wishes for christmas. holding you in my thoughts,

3. Cute_Angel_Xx

Cute_Angel_Xx Account Closed

:hug: Nobody iis ever alone many people on this bored feel the same, some hide it trying not to think about it or bring it up, I'm glad your looking for help, I lost someone to suicide its really hard to get over and can affect you in the future if you ever need someone to talk to, I'm here for you feel free to PM me anytime :) x
  4. nbhmty23

nbhmty23 Member

I lost my brother when I was 17. He was only 24 when he shot himself.
    I was so caught off guard. It sent me into a deep deep depression.

It is okay to feel the way you feel. I still get waves of it. I know it's cliche to say, but having been through it, it does ease with time. I am still very far from ever truly being healed. But we are human beings. to feel, is to live. even the pain.

If you ever need to talk, I am here.

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

yes i lost my brother 2 years now and it still affect me so. For me the pain it is still there but it come less frequently but it is something i have so much turmoil over. I am sorry for your loss hugs
  6. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

i just lost a friend this week to suicide. i'm not sure how it's changed me just yet but i know that it has.
  7. xjulesx

xjulesx Member

Sorry for your loss.

I just lost me ex the same way, my children have lost their dad,they are so young at the moment but I'm dreading how they will cope when they are older.
  8. Crue-K

Crue-K Well-Known Member

I know how you are feeling, sorry for your loss. My brother took his life by hanging Feb 2000, he was 20. I still think of him regularly, up until his last year, we were very close although there was 4 years between us. You never forget but things do get easier.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.