my car is totaled

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by HawthornePassage, Aug 31, 2011.

1. HawthornePassage

HawthornePassage Well-Known Member

and so am i

2. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

:(

:hug: You sure you're ok?

3. HawthornePassage

sitting in the parking lot with your license plates in your hand sure feels weird

4. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

:hug:

5. windlepoons

windlepoons Well-Known Member

Car accidents are awful, they really shake you up. Hope you are not injured.

6. HawthornePassage

it was from flooding, not a serious accident thankfully. or not, id rather my car be totaled by a real accident instead of some bullshit like this. looking fine but sitting on top of a tow truck.

and insurance called and officially declared it a total loss, thanks mom for assuming i was just dramatizing

7. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

:hug: This is an accident of a different kind, but equally upsetting to you, I'm sure. I'm sorry you have to deal with this. In a way, while it's upsetting that your mom didn't accept your own assessment of the situation at first, you now have this incident as evidence that you do know what you're talking about. Perhaps in future, she will be more supportive of you. :hug:

8. HawthornePassage

yeah that has only happened 15000 times and still not seeing it

on the bright side the insurance company gave us almost 11K minus deductible for it, so not too bad. thats what i was looking for. i told my dad to make sure they dont rip us off and that anything like 10-11K was fine