My careless is getting out of hand.

sickanon2

Today I had a tough day at work. I thought I had put in all the text into a report I'm designing, but it turned out so had forgotten to include a huge bulk of text that I had somehow missed in the document. I had told my boss I had it all finished, thinking I did have it all finished, so I couldn't tell him about my mistake. I stayed in late to do the work I thought I had completed. I would have had plenty of time to get it done originally, if I hadn't been so bloody careless.

I came home after work, and cooked dinner for myself. I rent a room from an elderly woman who lives in the house with me. (She's the home owner.) It turned out that I accidentally left one of the rings on the gas cooker after I'd finished cooking, and she'd accidentally burnt her hand off it when she was cleaning as a result. She had every reason to be furious with me - despite my best efforts, this isn't the first time I've accidentally left a gas ring on by mistake. She was very nice to be about it, but I felt absolutely sick with guilt. (And terrified, because I could have burnt the house down due to my stupidity.) To make matters worse, she's going away on holidays next week, and she's supposed to be trusting me to look after the house while she's gone. Understandably, she is now voicing concern about leaving the house in my care. I'm worried that I have broken her trust, and that I can't earn it back. And genuinely worried that I'll burn the house down due to my own stupidity! (If I don't get evicted first!)

I keep making lots of stupid mistakes lately, that individually aren't necessarily the end of the world, but added up, keep causing serious trouble for me and everyone around me. I feel like a useless fuck up of an adult who can't do anything right.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hi @sickanon2 the person that hasn't made a mistake didn't make a p*ss, fact. We all do dumb things, don't be so hard on yourself. Sorry you are feeling so bad though, i'm hoping you will feel a bi better soon and that venting here has helped get it all out :)

sickanon2

Hi @sickanon2 the person that hasn't made a mistake didn't make a p*ss, fact. We all do dumb things, don't be so hard on yourself. Sorry you are feeling so bad though, i'm hoping you will feel a bi better soon and that venting here has helped get it all out :)
It's not just one mistake though, they just keep piling up. And there's nothing I hate more than hurting people through pure, stupid, careless. I'm supposed to be a functioning adult who works and looks after herself. I just feel so upset and frustrated. I have to work a lot harder than ordinary people do to keep the show rolling with my chronic anxiety, but somehow it feels like the harder I try, the more mistakes I make, and the more trouble and upset I cause. Sometimes I would give anything just to be ordinary.
Or failing that, go into hiding and life as a hermit.

Thank you for your kind words all the same, I just find it really hard not to feel angry at myself at times like these...

Hi @sickanon2,
You are not alone I make careless mistakes all the time. I've never met anyone who doesn't make mistakes and most of the time people don't share how many mistakes they've made so who knows what is normal.

lightning05

@sickanon2 , try and be gentle and patient with yourself. Maybe you can find the reason for your distraction? To me it seems like something is distracting you. I understand as I tend to get very fuzzy at times.

Would it be possible to invite a friend over a couple of times a week while the landlady is out? This way you have piece of mind? I hope you feel better soon. <3

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00