My case was preventable.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by TheWr0ngChild, Oct 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheWr0ngChild

TheWr0ngChild Well-Known Member

If only the Social Service dept had accepted the issues my Asperger Syndrome causes me and refered me for propper support Imight not be sat here in this mess.

They said they were refusing my case as I am "too bright" and my IQ, which is more in the practical area, such as I'm good with computers, can wash myself etc etc. My emotional & social problems never even came into it.

I was passed on to a very useless mental health team who I had to tell whay Asperger Syndrome was.

I was hoping for them to take my case on so I could have a refferal to the NAS (National Autistic Society) for some ongoing support, but no. Dispite someone from the NAS being at the meeting, they point blank refused me, saying they only help crisis cases. No offence but maybe thats why I came here, maybe I am a fucking crisis case, anyone who thinks about taking their lives is one really.

This happened ages ago btw.
  2. I'm sorry you got treated badly or unproductively. They should have looked more at your case. If you want to talk I am here.
    I have a friend with Aspegers so I know how difficult it can be to make releationships with people.
  3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

That is awful...I have lot of experience with ASD and related New York City, there are many support networks which foster independent living and social/pragmatic support...please PM me if I can advocate for you in any way, big hugs, J
  4. kenny

kenny Well-Known Member

Am sorry to hear this. If there's anything I can do, even just to chat, let me know.

take care.
  5. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Sorry to hear that you were treated so poorly tin woman. Remember that I'm always here if you need a friend to talk to. :hug:
  6. aki

aki Well-Known Member

Is there any other charities or societies that could help you out tin?
  7. TheWr0ngChild

Unfortunatly not in my area. I tried one but they've let me down sadly as they are only a charity providing short term support and have no real experts in my condition.
  8. kenny

kenny Well-Known Member

that's not good.

what about any support groups? is there anything you could join that might help?
    I don't know where your talents lie, and I don't know very much about Aspbergers, so I don't want to suggest anything that might offend you.
    if you can't find a group, why not start your own and try to get others to join.

Am happy to talk anytime :)
  9. rootedphoenix

rootedphoenix Well-Known Member

That's awful, Tin_Woman. I'm sorry they've been that way to you. I've had similar things happen to me because of my ADD. Idiots. :mad:
  10. TheWr0ngChild

11. Boratz

Boratz Well-Known Member

Do whatever is left there for you. Going back & forth to what could & should have done is not gonna help as the damage is done.

Here is a simple test if your mission on earth is done?
    If you are reading this,it isn't.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.