My cat died

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by underdog, Dec 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. underdog

underdog New Member

I have few friends and my best friend Sasha died a few weeks ago. I miss her so much and I hurt more than ever. I lost my father not that long ago too. I miss both of them and I just want to join them. But I really don't. I want to be happy and LIVE but the suicidal thoughts creep up and I don't know how to deal with them. I do NOT want to die. I want the pain to go away and that's the only illogical way that I feel it will go away. help??
  2. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

I have many 'critters' in my home and when one dies I get another as soon as possible - not to forget the one who died, but to honor their memory and to give another creature the same good life and affection I gave the one who died.

I had to have my little mouse, Emily Dickinson, put to sleep two days ago. I brought her little body home and put it in the cage so her roommate could know what had happened. I then gave her a decent burial and went out and got another little mouse girl, and she (Mus, the new one) and Lola Ray (the survivor) are getting along very well. I miss Emily but love little Mus and will give her the same good life Emily had: a big cage, a roommate to snuggle with, toys to play with, and good food to eat.

All my critters that have gone on before me are waiting for me in God's Meadow. Whenever I die I'll see them all again and we'll play in the Meadow happily together.

I understand your loss all too well and offer you my love and hugs and support.

animal lover,

3. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

You're grieving hun, let it all out and time will eventually ease the pain.

How about going to a cat sanctuary and rescuing a puddy that needs a good home? Won't replace the one you've lost, but will help fill the void and there's a cat out there that needs you.
  4. blackfire

blackfire Well-Known Member

It will be ok. You are sad over the past events in your life. I lost a friend in high school and I felt the same way. I wanted to die so I could be with them. i am glad you don't want to die and want to work through this. It will get better. Time will heal your pain.
  5. I feel bad for you :sad: . I'm an animal lover but I have a special place in my heart for cats. I have always formed a deep emotional bond with my cats (except for the ones that were feral ! ). I could never stand to lose one, in fact I just had to have a big male put down because it had cancer...but I couldn't do it. My girl friend ended up taking him to the vet because I was too emotional.

Really, I'm not an EMO kind of guy. I wear work boots, leather jacket, chain-wallet, love guns, motorcycles, etc but I simply cannot stand to see animals suffer. It just kills me inside and I cry like a baby:cry2:. ( sometimes it sucks to be a guy; have to keep tender emotions to myself )

Again, I am so sorry for the loss of your loved ones :rose:
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2006
  6. TG123

TG123 Well-Known Member

Hey, I sent you a pm.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.