My Christmas Cookie Recipes

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Godsdrummer, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Both of these recipes were made by maternal Grandmother for as long as I can remember.

And now that she is gone, one of my Aunts still makes them, but on my side of the family, I am the only one that does.

I make them every year, as everyone loves them and as a memory of her.

Well except for last year.

Anyway here they are, and if you get the chance to make them, I hope you do. They are easy and delicious!

Chocolate No Bake Cookies

Ingredients

2 Cups Sugar
    1/2 Cup Coca
    1/2 Cup Milk
    1/2 Cup Butter
    1/2 Cup Peanut Butter (I prefer crunchy)
    3 3/4 Cups Oats uncooked
    1 teaspoon Vanilla

Instructions;

Mix in a large saucepan first 4 ingredients, bring to a boil. Need to stir all the time. After boiling, stir in the peanut butter til blended and creamy. Remove from heat and add the oats and vanilla. Stir until blended. Pour into a 13x9ish greased pan. Cool. Cut into squares.

Candy Cane Cookies

Preheat Oven to 375

Ingredients

1/2 Cup Shortening
    1/2 Cup Butter (room temperature)
    1 Cup Sifted Powdered Sugar
    1 Egg
    2 Teaspoons Vanilla
    2 1/2 Cups of Sifted Flour
    1 teaspoon salt
    Red food coloring

Instructions

In a large bowl mix the shortening, butter, powdered sugar, egg and vanilla.

In another large bowl mix the flour and salt. After mixing, add flour mixture to first bowl, and mix into a dough.
    Seperate dough into 2 equal halves. Add 1/2 teaspoon of red food coloring to 1/2 of the dough and fold in until that half is red.

Take 1 teaspoon of each dough and roll seperately into 4 inch long pieces. Gently twist together to shape and form a candy cane.

Bake for 9 minutes on ungreased cookie sheet.

Upon cooling sprinkle with powdered sugar.

2. jhhop

jhhop Well-Known Member

I made your Choc no bakes last night. Very rich and delicious. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.