My closest call

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by Jack Rabbit, May 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack Rabbit

Jack Rabbit Well-Known Member

was several years ago. I don't know how it began, I was walking down the street and then I was throwing a chair through a 12th story window. I was naked, my books and clothes piled neatly below the window and I don't know where the chair came from. From that moment, however, the world slowed and condensed into a snow globe. I could see, or thought I could see every shard fall. But there wasn't any plan, any thought, any thing. I pushed the remnants of glass out of the way because I didn't want to cut myself?? I looked down and there were still people walking by. The way the building was situated, people coming out the door would not have seen the glass falling. I was climbing out the window and I realized that I would land on somebody. Or splash on somebody. I couldn't do that. I stopped.
    3 days in psych - didn't like it - it was full of crazy people. At least I thought they were way crazier than me. I.
    Now that I think about it, I still haven't put my life back together. :eek:hmy:

2. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

I guess when it comes to our mental health we can't put a time limit on how long it will take us to recover.

Are you on any medication or seeing anyone for your depression?

:hug:

3. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Like Claire said above, curious if you're on meds. or in counseling. The fact that you haven't attempted since then is positive.

I'm interested though, don't mean to imply that you were, but were any drugs or alcohol involved in that close call several years ago? Did the doctors have any explanation for your loss of time? Have you had any similar experience since regarding any loss of time.?I've heard of a couple of medical conditions related to this.

Welcome to the forum. Feel free to send me a private message if you don't want to share in the forums.

4. Jack Rabbit

I was on anti-depressants at the time. Trying to remember which one... I had been on Paxil, but I'm pretty sure I was off that and taking Elavil for a couple of months before. That's when I got a new shrink. She took me off anti-depressants and on mood stabilizers. Hated lithium, took lamotrigine - it worked pretty well. And did/do therapy. Now trying drug-free existence, still with my psychiatrist.

5. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Ever have another experience with loss of time? Sounds like you're on the right track to putting things back together.

6. Jack Rabbit

Nope, never. Once was enough, though. I bet this contributes to my sleep disorder, though. I hate losing consciousness. :confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.