my college is fucking stupid

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by HawthornePassage, Dec 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HawthornePassage

HawthornePassage Well-Known Member

Alright, so I attend Rutgers University in New Brunswick...

The management, or whoever runs the place is braindead! According to a neighbor I knew, they have only closed the campus TWICE IN THE LAST TEN YEARS.

Guess how much snow we just got? Eighteen inches (well, about 14 this moment but were getting another 3-5) And the campus is "open and operating".

You wanna know why it is stupid? Because I remember we got about 5 inches, and the buses were basically at a standstill. Its just stupid to keep shit 'open' with some storm like this, because nobody is going to get anywhere, especially not commuters like myself. I pray that my teacher is going to let me make up the test on monday, since the roads will still be crap due to the wind blowing huge amounts of snow all over the place.

:lol!:

stupid people ffffffffff

2. PandorasToybox

PandorasToybox Well-Known Member

Gotta love colleges for that.

Last year after a giant snow storm, the snow was over my knees & they didnt have any roads cleared or anything. Sooo they kept the college & classes rolling, but yeah, my friends & I had to make the 3 mile trek to the school, scale over snowbanks & get soaked to the bone, only to enter a school that had a malfunctioning heating system (or whatever it is called) & sit thru a class that had its air conditioning running.
    Omg, I had never been soooo mad before.

Welcome to Canada, where the outdoors is cold & the classrooms even colder!

3. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

Well, it's Saturday evening, and tomorrow will be Sunday, so of course lol. I went to uni in Hartford, and snow there is a regular part of life. I'm sure if conditions become critically unsafe, the school will close. It's pretty dangerous for professors to have to drive in unsafe weather.

We got 19 inches here in DC.

4. HawthornePassage

HawthornePassage Well-Known Member

Nope....stuff definitely is still open, even if its not the classes yet. Its a huge place. But we've had way more than 2 paralyzing snowstorms in the last 10 odd years.

5. Clockwork Reality

Clockwork Reality Well-Known Member

I'm from Florida originally, and I remember thinking the school board completely daft when they decided to keep the schools open while a hurricane was bearing down on us.

Needless to say, the hurricane unexpectedly sped up and hit us in the middle of classes, and they were screaming at everybody to get on the busses before the wind speed got too high for vehicles to cross the bay bridge.

They closed school the next day, mostly out of embarassment. The sun was shining.

6. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

LOL! I would never have put myself in danger just to get to an unjust class session. Protest the alleged nonsense by simply not participating in it. No students = no class. No class = no professors. No professors = no school. If there's a 3 inch layer of ice on the ground, and there's little ground treatment, and there's 10 inches of snow, you have a right not to go to class without any negative consequence whatsoever.

Speak up to the administration, and don't be scared to talk to them. They're people just like you. If they don't listen to their students, they don't get tuition, and without tuition, they don't get paid.

7. sucidalgirl99

sucidalgirl99 Well-Known Member

Ok, WOW! I can't believe it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.