My Common Sense Way to Fix Social Security

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Righteous, May 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Righteous

Righteous Well-Known Member

So watching CNN a few minutes ago and they are reporting on what needs 2 happen 4 social security 2 be fixed 4 the future. I couldn't help but notice 1 of the government's ideas, increase payroll taxes. Now Obama's plan was for us to have less taxes taken out of our checks which I have noticed recently. Now some nutcase is trying 2 take that away. Well here is my simple solution 2 fix Social Security:

1) Stop spending billions of dollars on a war.

2) Tax the gas companies like Exxon, Shell, BP, etc. They've stolen so much money from us over the years at the pump so its their turn to give some money back.

3) (My favorite idea) Legalize marijuana. More legal marijuana businesses means more taxes for the government.

4) (The most common sense idea) Print more money. Yes, I know u can't print too much money because that would cause an unbalance, but the government knows that they can print more money. How do u think credit card companies get money for their business. Also they printed(yes, they printed) the money for these billion dollar bailouts, so surely they can print out some money for the old people.

Bottom Line: Don't raise our taxes, especially during a recession.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.