My Confused Mind About My Friends

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Lethal Photography, May 4, 2008.

1. Lethal Photography

Lethal Photography Well-Known Member

Okay, I'm having a confusing love life, but the complicated stuff is all in my head. I've had a crush on a friend, Jenna, for a year and a month ago I asked her out and we started dating. The relationship has been going well, and for me it's my first healthy relationship, without obsession over each other or self-harming/suicide attempts. Okay, now the complicated stuff. Two months ago, my best friend of two years, Jeremy, told me he was in love with me. We had one night of being affectionate towards each other over the phone before deciding it was a bad idea because he lives very far away(15 hours) and neither of us wanted a long-distance relationship. The thing is, I think I'm in love with Jeremy and I know I'm not going to act on it, but I feel guilty about being with Jenna. I love Jenna too, she's very sweet, but I don't feel as strongly about it. Also, with any relationship, I might have to end it in a few months anyways if I go to college, because I don't want to have to worry about a relationship on top of the transition. I know neither of these relationships would last long and I'm probably going to stay with Jenna for as long as works out, but I feel jealous when Jeremy talks about his female friends. I don't want him to feel he can't talk about stuff to me, and I know he's free to live his life, but I still get jealous. So yeah, this was long, it's mostly me just getting it out because I feel that I need to say to people who don't know either Jeremy or Jenna.

2. Lethal Photography

Lethal Photography Well-Known Member

Arrgh! I just called Jeremy and he was hanging out with one of his female friends who he's told me in the past he has a mild crush on. We talked for a few minutes, but I felt, scratch that, feel, so jealous. And I feel horrible for feeling jealous because I have no right to, I have a girlfriend, and because his friend is really nice. He deserves someone like her, not some confused person like me.