My coping strategies are MIA

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Scum, Nov 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

When any tiny thing rocks the boat I'm just feeling so overwhelmed and like the easiest thing to do is OD and go bye bye. I've come so, so close, a lot recently. most recently, this morning.

Not helpful. Normally my coping strategies stop things feel this overwhelming but they've disappeared and I can't consciously grab them back.

Urgh, I don't know what to do.

Anyone got any ideas?

2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

:hug: Thinking of you. I don't have any ideas off the top of my head, but I'll take some time to think on it and reply again.

3. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Thanks chick. I miss you on messenger. x

4. windlepoons

windlepoons Well-Known Member

How about watching your favourite film, and then give a nice long review in the review section, tell us why you like it, why its a good film etc.

Just a distraction tactic but it may help.

I am around if you want to PM.

5. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Thanks windlepoons :) I don't have the concentration for films, but your idea is the right one. I'm doing my best to remain as busy and distracted as possible but I'm absolutely shattered because I'm not physically well enough to actually do all I've been doing. I'm also making sure I take sleeping tablets at night so I don't get out of control at night time (which is a very real possibility too). I'm trying very hard.

Thanks for being so nice :)

6. windlepoons

I know the feeling I am trying to watch a film now but the internet is too attractive.

Do not overdo it please, I know its hard. The boredom can be the worst, feeling alone with your thoughts can be dangerous.

7. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Thanks. I've found that if I have something planned (like not suicide related, but like doing X at Y time with Z) then it's easier to override the urges but its becoming so much more overwhelming.

I can't win, lol.

8. windlepoons

You have a good plan, that is a solid foundation. Do the urges last or are they temporary things?

9. texaskitty

texaskitty SF Cat Lady Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Scum, your posts have been very helpful to me. Just wanted to let you know.

I'm not sure what kind of distractions you are looking for. For me I used to read and crochet and color, but my concentration is lacking.

This is a sort of cool site where you paint-by-number on the web, might be worth looking into

http://www.segmation.com/products_online_choosepattern.asp

Anyway I just wanted to let you know I hear you.

I wish you well on your journey

:hug:

10. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Thank you guys :)

You're very kind :)

I saw a doc today and he gave me FAR more meds than I'm ever allowed :O That's not so good in one way but excites in another.

I'm just plodding on trying my hardest and working out different things to do- trying to keep busy. I'll check out the link thanks :)

11. 1Lefty

1Lefty Well-Known Member

Please post back and let us know how things are going.

12. windlepoons

Glad that it went OK, please be careful with all those meds. Glad you are keeping busy!

13. crystalclear

crystalclear Well-Known Member

If your looking for distractions maybe you should try reading long novels, art or maybe music? Hope that helps :) I'll keep thinking of some other things I could suggest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.