My Counsellor Told Me Today ...

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by ~Nobody~, Jun 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ~Nobody~

~Nobody~ Well-Known Member

that S____ did not have control over me, that he was not in a position of power over me, that i made my own choices.

:cry:

2. no point

no point Well-Known Member

How could she say something like that? I'm sorry I don't even know you but I'm really angry right now. What she said is NOT true. You shouldn't believe it's your fault no matter what. :hug:

3. RainbowChaser

RainbowChaser Well-Known Member

4. ~Nobody~

:hug:s both.

The weirdest thing is that she didn't sound malicious when she said it, except that the actual words did of course. But she looked like she thought she was actually being helpful.

How could she believe that was helpful?

Is she just completely incompetent?

*sigh* It makes me doubt myself even more than I did already :sad:

5. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

What a bitch. :dry: That comment has made me angry too. Have you thought about making a complaint? Does she normally help you? How about seeing another counsellor? It's not true what she said, not your fault hun. :hug:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2007
  6. cassandra

cassandra Anitiquities Friend

I'm so sorry she said that because it was not only hurtful but wrong. :hug:

I think resistance is right about talking to another counselor.

Hope you find someone who will help you.

7. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Definetly a complaint should be lodged :mad: This counsellor will be the death of someone some day :mad: What a totally fucking idiotic thing to say :mad:

8. Beret

Beret Staff Alumni

:eek: what an idiot. Agree with Terry a complain should be logged, how can you be such an idiot telling someone in pain that it was her own fault.
    Stay strong hun :hug:
    Beret xxx

9. ~Nobody~

Thanks for all the support guys :grouphug:

I wasn't expecting everyone to react so violently. I guess this means I'm probably in the right, not her.

I don't know what to do. I have an exam next Monday and I told her I have an exam the Monday after (I actually have one on the Tuesday) so I don't have to see her for three weeks now. Also I got a 120 day prescription for my meds yesterday rather than a 30 day one, so I guess I'm not quite as tied to her. But I don't know what to actually do.

10. cassandra

Yes, you are right. Since you don't have appointments with her for the next couple weeks, perhaps you could start checking on other counselors. Sometimes people want to talk to an unhelpful counselor a final time for closure. :hug:

11. ~Nobody~

I don't have any other options though I'm afraid. It's her or no-one. :sad:

12. cassandra

Are you in a small town where there aren't other therapists/psychiatrists? If you don't want to explain that's fine. I know sometimes [a lot, actually]I feel like I am out of options and then something else shows up. PM me if you like.

13. ~Nobody~

I am in a very small and isolated place, yes, though I'd rather not say where. There is no rape crisis or anything where I am. I'm with CAMHS at the moment even though I am over 18 because my mum and her ex (my abuser :cry:) both work for adult services where I live. I am fucked :cry: :blub:

14. Insignificant

Insignificant Account Closed

you're counselor is on crack and i would tell her to lay off of it because she is really coming up with some dumb ass shit as a result. nothing is your fault remember that and take care

15. ~Nobody~

That honestly made me laugh. I love you! :hug: x x x

16. Insignificant

Insignificant Account Closed

you're so welcome. i am glad you could smile. that's a good thing.

take care

17. cassandra

Don't know about the mental health systems outside my own area so I dunno what to say but :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.