My counselors keep leaving me

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by lizzyqwerty, May 29, 2013.

1. lizzyqwerty

lizzyqwerty Active Member

I put my trust into three counselors within this past year and a half and they keep leaving me.. I got this new counselor in January and she is leaving and I have three more appointments with her then its done, again.

I don't know if I can deal with this anymore. I am tired of trying to get close to someone, finally trusting them, and then them leaving me. I always go downhill when they leave and I'm not making any progress in getting better this way. It just makes me feel even more alone... I don't know what to do. I don't know if I will see another counselor. I don't think I can deal with it anymore....

Maybe the way I am is how I should be forever... maybe I'm not supposed to get better. Maybe I'll just deal with it all alone and eventually just kill myself

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi lizzy i am sorry that these councilors are leaving hun Is it because they feel they do not have the experience or knowledge to help you. If so it is for the best you find some one that can help you ok not stay with someone that does not have the skills I know it is hard getting use to new ones but eventually you will find that right one hun I too have gone through different therapist one did not match at all and dropped me hun but then i met up with a much better therapist I hope you find a good one hun don't give up hope ok hugs

3. lizzyqwerty

lizzyqwerty Active Member

No, they all moved away one by one. They know how to help me but they moved away....

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

OH HUN that is too bad so it has nothing to do with you hun I do hope your next therapist will stay put and not move hugs

5. lelantgirl

lelantgirl Well-Known Member

This makes me angry, WHY? Cos same thing has happened to me, but maybe in different way. I have had several therapists over years and either dont get on with them and it makes stuff worse, or if I do I am only given an allotted amount of sessions then thats it (am in UK where we have NHS and although in some ways good in others not, cos everything we have treatment wise is very short lived, a few sessions etc). Last one had, said could take as long as I needed, NHS agreed too, so really could open this time and just as was getting somewhere, BOOM he is being transferred to another part of the UK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't cope losing someone I culd confide in, trust and all I had opened up with him was now left in the open, big horrid mental wounds..........I had a breakdown.
    I just cant go down the route of another therapist, everytime have its been more damaging. Its good to get support from people in similar situation to you cos end the day its only those who walked in your shoes can truly empathise, self help books are good for some healing, a good trusted friend who wont give up on you, and your good old self.
    I have had so called great friends walk away from me in great times of need, you do find out who true are and are NOT hey. I do not know what you were in therapy for and what your wounds are about, but if you would like someone to listen then feel free to personal message me, I am a good listener and also maybe able to help in someway, its good just knowing there is someone you can vent at and get things off your chest.
    Maybe in time you will find a therapist who will stick by you and help, or maybe like myself you may find it doesn't help anyway. Here if you need a chat or someone to listen to you. Take care.

6. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

If they moved away, you can't really blame yourself...but I can understand that feeling of being abandoned...it's not easy to deal with at all. Hope you can find a good counselor who will be there for you.

7. flowers

flowers Senior Member

I am so sorry this is happening to you. I have had this happen more than once to me. And its horrible. Even though it IS horrible, I hope you will try again. And I hope the next person will be someone who will make a huge difference in your life. Again, I am sorry you are going through this, yet again