My current medication...

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by Nutn, May 15, 2015.

1. Nutn

Nutn Member

Dear, Forum

Here is a list of medications im currently on.

* Valium (Diazepam) 2x 2mg
    * Prozac (Fluoxetine) 1x 20mg
    * Abilify (Aripiprazole) 2x 2,5mg
    * Restoril (Temazepam) 1x 20mg
    * Melatonin (OTC) 2x 10mg
    * Centrum (Multivitamin) 1x 1 Tablet

Does any of you have any experience with these medications and if so what are you thoughts about them i'm happy to hear from you!

Nutn :D

2. BelovedChaos

BelovedChaos Member

Hello again Nutn, Beloved Chaos here.

I most certainly do have some experience with a number of these medications. And have knowledge on all.

I have major depressive disorder, PTSD, insomnia, and generalized anxiety with social phobia. I have taken Valium, Prozac, Abilify, and Melatonin.

Valium is a Benzodiazapine and can be addictive. It is in the same family as xanax and clonipin. It can be used as an anxiety med, or in lower doses, as a mucsle relaxer, I've taken it for both, but i was mostly prescribed xanax and I got addicted to it, took it too quickly and ran out and got really sick, my psych later said "You are going through withdrawls and i cnnot prescribe them anymore." But 4mg is the second lowest does prescribed, so just don't take more than your prescribed dose.

Both Prozac and Abilify made me agitated and a little on edge an mad. They are both used as anti depressants. The best antidepressant i found was Mirtazipine. But the thing with anti depressants is there are three different chemicals that with the wrong balance cause depression. There is Seratonin, Dopamine, And Norepinephrine. different anti depressants balance different chemicals. Norepinephrine imbalance can also cause headaches, neck and back pain and bowel sensitivities along with anxiety, insomnia and lack of focus. I have a Norepinephrine imbalance as the main cause of my issues.

Restoril is also a benzodiazepine So again, be careful of dependancy and addiction.

Melatonin is a natural sleep aid that I support 100%

Centrum obviously is just a multivitamin, good brand. no issues.

I hope I helped. I personally am supposed to be on these medications:

Mirtazapine 90mg (ANtidepressant)
    Trazodone 200mg (Heavy sleep aid)
    Propanalol 120mg (Beta Blocker for PTSD, Anxiety)
    Naproxen 1000mg {THats a hell of a lot} (Migraines)
    Lisinopril 20mg (BLood pressure)

Stupidly, I stopped taking my medication without consulting my doctor.

I have been coping with my issues naturally, and it's been hard, but I am doing well.

Do NOT ever change or stop taking you medications without talking to a doctor. I shouldn't have. I bet my blood pressure is still 145/90.

I hope this helped. Let me know if you ever need anything.

3. Nutn

Nutn Member

Dear, BelovedChaos

Thanks you for your reply i most certain have issues with dependency and addiction.
    Well i never really truly admit it to myself nor my doctor but regularly i take more medications than are prescript to me.
    For instance i toke yesterday 30mg valium and 50mg Restoril.... just to get high and stuff i know its not the way and now thinking about its probably not as smart.
    I regularly take alcohol to numb myself from my suffering and anxiety.

I have major depressive disorder and Generalized Anxiety Disorder.
    But that's just what i know my doctors also are still searching what the root of my problems are.
    I did a MRI scan they other day and they found a lesion in the back part of my brain witch might be linked to my problems but further testing is necessary.

Anyway i want to thank you for your kind words and reply and i hope to talk to you aging!

Nutn

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Is the mirtazapine dosage you wrote a mistake?! I have been on 15,30,45 and I can't remember if 60 but 90 sounds tremendously high. It helped me out of my depression, great anti depressant it is.

5. Petal

Hi there,

I am on valium, 3 x 10mg a day(on my script), I know it's a huge dose, currently taking 20mg now as I am trying to decrease, it helps a lot but I want to be able to live without it. It's addictive and I am doing very well coming off it. I hate to say it but I am still somewhat dependent on it to make me feel better but I'll see how it goes.

6. BelovedChaos

BelovedChaos Member

It most certainly isn't a typo. My psychiatrist started me with 45 and moved me up to 90. It was the perfect dosage for me.

7. Petal

oh wow, huge dose. I tell everyone here and in real life that mirtazapine was the drug that got me out of my depression, it most certainly is a great drug, i do not know where i'd be without it today. I'm off it now, it's done it's job :) I am glad that it worked just as well for you as it did me :)

:hugs: I hope you keep improving :)

8. BelovedChaos

BelovedChaos Member

:) Thanks, and, yes I do keep improving. Everyday. My sister used to always tell me the way to get past your depression is to just do it. There is no wonder drug or magic shrink that will pull you out of it. Yes, Mirtazepine helped magnificently when it came to my motivation, and it did it's job. But I am the one who reached to be better. I think we are all the masters of our own fate, and the medication didn't make me happy, It made me realize i wanted to be happy.

9. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

Mirtazepine is the one that really works for me too - had tried a bunch before that one and never felt the slightest bit different but Mirtazepine really worked. In the UK the max dose is 45mg but I have read in the US sometimes it is prescribed much higher.

I agree we are all masters of our own fate and a lot of the time people do expect medication to "fix things" when all they can do is give us the emotional and mental space to fix things ourselves - and to help us believe that the effort to fix them is worthwhile.

10. Petal

I agree- Medication only helps so much, only goes so far, we have to get into the right frame of mind from the help of these drugs to figure out how to help ourselves. We are all unique and we all have our own ways of self help. It helped me to break through the thick ice and re-discover myself and I am pleasantly surprised with the results.

11. Nutn

Nutn Member

Agree but medication most certainly has helpt me allot with copping with depression and i would know what i would do without it.
    And yes im depended on my meds and tried quitting few times and failed :( also im having problems with addiction to the medications that are prescript to me.

Anyway if something works then be blessed because i had to try 10 different antidepressants before i found the one that worked for me...

Nutn

12. AAA3330

AAA3330 Well-Known Member

My doctor just put me on 30mg of Mirtazapine. I hope that it helps.

13. Petal

I wish you the best of luck. Keep us updated on how you are doing on mirtazapine.