My dad gets pissed when I can't sleep

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by thepainwithin, Jul 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thepainwithin

thepainwithin Well-Known Member

I use Trazadone to help me sleep. It's not a sleep aid but an anti-anxiety with a side effect of drowsiness and it really knocks me out. Well my medication ran out sometime this week, so for the last 3 nights I haven't been able to sleep at all. This morning I laid in bed from ~12:30 AM to 6:00 AM before I decided to stop trying to fall asleep. Throughout the night my mind would wander back to the same thoughts; death row inmates because I was watching LockUp on MSNCB and reading last words of condemned inmates before I went to bed.

At about 5:45 AM after being fed up and frustrated, for lack of a better term, I beat the shit out of my bed. Just kicking it and punching my pillows and body slamming my bed with my torso... all out of frustration that I couldn't sleep, then I got out of bed to give up on sleeping and watch TV. My dad sleeps above me and he heard, so he comes downstairs just screaming at me about how wired I am that I spent hours before bed playing video games, which I didn't, and I didn't tell him that, I just let him yell. He just starts screaming and mocking me and comparing it to smoking cigarettes even though you have lung cancer.

Here I am, already frustrated that I can't sleep, with a jackass yelling at me and mocking me, what did he expect, for me to just keep cool? So of course I screamed back which only validated his theory in his mind that I was wired from the video games, not just pissed off that this ass hole was screaming in my ear after 6 hours of getting frustrated after not being able to fall asleep.

In his mind, it's just these fucking non-existent computer games that make me wired so I can't sleep, so he yells at me because I can't sleep. Not to mention my sleeping pills had been out for a few days and this wasn't the first night I hadn't been able to sleep; it was about the 3rd in a row. And also not to mention the last time my sleeping pills ran out I had insomnia for over 2 weeks. Thank God I was at school for the insomnia or it would've been a 2 week long fest of him getting pissed and mocking me for video games. So ya, it's definitely not the pills running out, the psycological problems why I can't sleep... it's the video games. And when I yell back at him after he screams in my ear and acts like hes about to hit me; it's not the frustration from not being able to sleep, or the fact I've been up 22 hours, it's definitely the video games....

What a c-unit.

2. sudut

sudut Well-Known Member

does it help?

3. thepainwithin

thepainwithin Well-Known Member

Yea it helps a lot. But when it's gone I can't sleep for days.

4. Sea Sparkles

Sea Sparkles Well-Known Member

When can you get back on the medication?

Once it's already 6am, you should try to fight threw till 9pm the next night to get a full nights sleep- might help reset your sleeping pattern.

5. Beck

Beck Member

i can not sleep and my husband get so mad when he finds me. So i put a cat bell on the door so i know when he is getting up. than I pretend to sleep. Just so i do not have to listen to him go on about the fact I should be sleeping. I know this will not help you per say but try to think of something. Maybe have him take the video game to his room so he understands it is not that. Good luck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.